Tuesday, December 22, 2020

#RunMA Challenge Update! 10 Days to go... | Blogmas Day 22

 


WE'RE DOWN TO THE WIRE PEOPLE! Including today (because I haven't gone out on my run yet), there's 10 days remaining for the #RunMA challenge and I am SO CLOSE TO FINISHING! I'm in a situation where if I remove the two days that I'm traveling back to MA after Christmas (because let's be honest, not much running will be happening after being in the car for 10 hours), I need to average about 7 miles a day to finish the challenge by the 31st - totally doable! I'm trying my best to be as active as possible while I'm down in Florida (just because the weather is much more ✨agreeable✨), and hopefully I'll be able to get enough ahead where I only have a few short runs left when I get home. Keep all of your fingers and toes crossed for me! Here are my current stats:


I'm currently 592.85 miles out of 645 into the challenge (91.9%), meaning I have a mere 52.15 miles to go. As Brett put it to me this morning, "just two marathons to go! EASY!" πŸ˜‚ I reached my goal of doubling the elevation challenge, so that's exciting. Just gotta get this pesky distance challenge out of the way 😜 It's so crazy to think I've run/walked almost 600 miles since August 20th when I started this challenge!!!


I unlocked my second to last badge for the challenge - the Inner Cape - during my run yesterday. I just have to run the South Shore back to Boston and I will be D-O-N-E! I am really excited to not have the pressure of meeting daily mileage goals hanging over my head, but at the same time I am very appreciative of this challenge because I truly think it has helped me become a better runner. Hopefully you'll be seeing an exciting Instagram post from me in the next week or so letting you know that I've completed the #RunMA challenge, and I'll definitely be writing up a review of this experience in early 2021! 

Wish me luck on my last few miles, y'all! πŸƒ‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment