Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Return of #Sub5orBust! Milwaukee Marathon Training Plan | Blogmas Day 20

Disclaimer: I received an entry into the Milwaukee Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

Tomorrow marks the start of a brand new marathon training cycle! The Milwaukee Marathon is officially 16 weeks away and I'm thrilled that I have a marathon on my calendar for the first time in months. I haven't been in marathon training mode since last winter when I was training for Rock n' Roll New Orleans & LA, and I'm actually looking forward to getting back into a regimented training plan. Just like the last training cycle, my ultimate goal is to finally go sub-5 in the marathon, and I'm hoping to do that in Milwaukee.

Because it has worked so well for me in the past, I'm going to do the Runner's World sub-5 marathon training plan in tandem with the Runner's World 16-week strength training plan for marathon runners. I'll have to get creative for a few weeks because gyms in MA are currently closed to general use due to COVID-19 restrictions, but luckily Brett has quite a bit of weightlifting equipment and strength training knowledge so I'm sure he will be happy to help! To keep myself accountable like I did last winter, I'll be keeping a weekly training log here to report on my progress. 

This pandemic has brought a lot of negative to us, but one silver lining that has been given to me is that I've had time to log a lot more miles and become a much better runner. I'm finding myself reaching speeds I didn't know I could reach anymore, and I want to continue to improve, especially in the marathon distance. I feel like this goal is totally in reach, especially after my back-to-back marathon PRs earlier this year, and the paces I've been putting in for my runs at home over the past few months. I can't wait to see how training progresses and I'm really looking forward to toeing the line in Milwaukee in April!

#SUB5ORBUST BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment