Tuesday, December 29, 2020

#Sub5orBust: Milwaukee Marathon Week 1 Training Update (December 21 - 27, 2020) | Blogmas Day 29

Disclaimer: I received an entry into the Milwaukee Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


Monday, 12/21 → 6.05 mile run @ 10:31/mile + 1.46 mile walk
Tuesday, 12/22 → 6.05 mile run @ 9:49/mile + 1.52 mile walk
Wednesday, 12/23 → 4 mile run @ 10:03/mile + 3.7 mile walk
Thursday, 12/24 → 5.1 mile run @ 10:30/mile + 1.71 mile walk
Friday, 12/25 → Rest
Saturday, 12/26 → 10 mile run @ 9:51/mile + 2.44 mile walk
Sunday, 12/27 → 1.02 mile walk

Total weekly running mileage: 31.2

First week of "training" is complete! I put training in quotations because honestly the runs I was completing this week are not at all part of the training plan and were all dedicated to finishing the #RunMA Challenge. Once 2021 begins I'll revert back to the actual training plan and will be running significantly less week to week until I get further into the plan, but overall I'm feeling great about my fitness levels entering this training cycle. Week 2 will be more of the same (in regard to dedicating my runs to finishing #RunMA and not working on the training plan), but I'll be able to get back on track soon.

Because we were traveling last week, I definitely didn't really do much beyond getting my miles in. Once I'm back on track with my actual training, I'm going to incorporate my lifting plan as well. Basically, everything will be back on track (hopefully) at the end of this week! It'll be good to just have this one thing to focus on, especially once things settle down post-holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment