Monday, December 7, 2020

Saying Goodbye & New Running Gear | Blogmas Day 7

Happy Monday, friends! I'm coming to you with a bit of a life update for the past week for day 7 of Blogmas. Without going into too much detail to protect privacy, we had two deaths in the family this week so Brett and I were focused on being there for family and helping out with whatever was needed at the time. We attended services today and were able to say goodbye and spend time with loved ones. It's never easy going through this, and unfortunately it's something that we all have to go through. We're both okay and will be continuing to do our best to support the family in the coming weeks.

Outside of everything going on in the family, I've tried my best to keep things as normal as possible - bringing Snowy out on walks and to the dog park, still working toward my #RunMA challenge and tackling miles every day, and trying my best to get back into the reading mood. One exciting thing that happened this week is that Brett gave me my Christmas/anniversary gifts! Unlike most years, I knew exactly what I wanted for Christmas this year and told Brett a few weeks ago. He decided to give me my gifts early so that I could use them right away! You'll be able to see them all in my upcoming Happy Vlogidays vlog, but Brett very generously gifted me with a Gimbal, a new GoPro, and action camera adapter for the Gimbal - exactly what I wanted! I'll be testing them out over the next few weeks and will hopefully now be producing more running content over on my channel. I can wait!

In addition to these items, I was SWOONING over the new Brooks Ghost 13 Splash Collection (like everyone else), and I mentioned it to Brett that I would LOVE a pair in Purple. So this sneaky Santa went ahead and BOUGHT ME THEM! πŸ’œπŸ˜

I haven't tried Ghosts before - I've run in Launches and Adrenalines over the last few years. But the design of these were just TOO perfect not to try. I have to say - I LOVE the feel of these! I'm actually surprised at how thick the soles are while not adding additional weight to the shoe. That's honestly what I've been needing recently. I've been having a lot of foot pain and these TOTALLY help! I can't wait to continue to run in these and hopefully continue to have a positive experience.

This week is our last full week at home before we journey south for our holiday trip to Florida. That snuck up on us so fast! I think my main goal this week will be to relax as much as possible before we travel, while also getting prepared for the trip (hello mountain of laundry!). I know the trip will be a lot of fun but also probably quite tiring, so I'm going to savor this week at home as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment