Thursday, December 17, 2020

Road Trip Day 1 (and a half) Recap | Blogmas Day 17

 


Hello from the road! I'm writing to you from somewhere in North Carolina as we make our way south for Christmas. It's been a long day of driving, but I wanted to make sure I updated y'all before heading to bed!

I mentioned a couple of days ago that we were expecting a giant snow storm up north Wednesday into Thursday. Weeellll Brett and I kinda psyched ourselves out and decided to attempt to beat the snow and leave on Wednesday instead early morning Thursday like we originally planned. We got on the road at 6pm and it was all good until about 8:30 when the snow was rapidly accumulating and I could barely see the car in front of me. I told Brett that I really didn't think staying on the road was a good idea at all. The plows hadn't come out yet and we were seeing quite a few people getting stuck in the middle of the highway. We quickly found a hotel in Southern Connecticut, where we waited out the storm for the rest of the night. It was also nice to have the opportunity to get some rest before continuing on!

We left our hotel in CT around 10am this morning for original intended first stop in North Carolina. We only made two stops throughout the day - NJ for gas & lunch, and VA for a quick stretch and bathroom break. With the stops and some traffic, we were able to get to our hotel around 7:20pm. Not super terrible!


Snowy has been doing okay. She's quite the nervouse girl in new situations and unfortunately has had trouble eating/drinking/going to the bathroom. She's also been situating herself on the center console so that she can be close to us, because she's just unsure what's going on! I will say she was more relaxed today than she was last night, though, so hopefully she continues to realize that nothing scary is happening and we will be right by her side the whole trip. Poor nervous Snowy!

We're up and at 'em for the second leg of our trip tomorrow morning. It's going to be a longer bout of driving, but I'm looking forward to finally be in Florida. Stay tuned for updates for day 2 of our trip tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment