Tuesday, December 8, 2020

#RunMA Challenge Update! 23 Days To Go... | Blogmas Day 8


With 23 days left until the last day of the #RunMA Challenge, I wanted to give a bit of an update on my progress! Currently I am on track to finish all 645 miles by December 31st if I average about 6.6 miles per day - walking or running - for the rest of the year. Without a doubt it will be a HUGE challenge to finish this sucker out and get to the 645 mile mark, but I think I can do it. I just have to continue to be disciplined! Here's my stats for the challenge so far:


I have a total of 495.46 miles ran/walked for this challenge, meaning I'm 76.8% of the way done. Only a casual 150 miles to go! 😏 You'll notice that I've already completed the elevation goal of 3,491 feet (the height of Mount Greylock - the tallest mountain in MA!), and I completed it quite a while ago. I'm trying to double the goal by the end of the year, as a lil side mission (as if running/walking 645 miles wasn't enough of a challenge in itself!).


One of the things I really like about this challenge is that you get a badge for each milestone you reach throughout the challenge, and they all get stored in a little virtual trophy case! I've currently unlocked 7 out of the 10 milestones for this challenge (6 distance milestones, and the 1 elevation milestone), so three more to go! I'm about 35 miles from unlocking my next badge (the Outer Cape*) so I'm hoping I can secure it at some point this weekend!

I also love that you can see your virtual progress on a map as you log your miles! You can see above that I'm getting awfully close to PTown - the tip of Cape Cod! Again, if I stay on track this week I'll be able to get there by some time this weekend and can start working on the Inner Cape next. Fingers crossed everything goes according to plan!

I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me in the mileage department, and the cold weather and busy holiday season isn't making things much easier, but I'm determined to get to the finish line of this challenge by December 31st! I can't wait until January 1st where I can skip a run GUILT FREE! πŸ˜‚ I'll be updating y'all on this challenge one more time before the end of the year, and hopefully I've made some serious progress by then. Wish me luck!

*You'll notice that it appears I already have an Outer Cape badge. This is actually supposed to be the badge for the RI Border milestone. Not sure why it loaded in as the Outer Cape badge, but what can ya do? 🀷

No comments:

Post a Comment