Thursday, December 24, 2020

A Beachy Christmas Eve πŸ–️ | Blogmas Day 24

 

Today was a whirlwind but it was full of making Christmas Eve memories! We started our day taking Snowy and Murphy to the dog park, and then I went for a run in the 78 degree Florida heat and humidity (fun!). Still chipping away at those miles! When my dad got off work we went to the beach, which was Snowy's very first trip to the ocean! She seemed like she was having a great time taking in the scenery, even if she wasn't the biggest fan of actually going in the ocean. 






After the beach we went to one of our favorite spots Rita's for some Christmas Eve custard. It's been a while since we've gone so we were extra excited to be there. We got there *right* as they were supposed to close, but the staff there was so kind and still allowed us to order. They even gave the pups a treat!

Snowy looking less than excited to model Brett's Santa hat on the way to Rita's πŸ˜‚


Mango gelati! 🍦

After I whipped up a spread of appetizers (my mom saw the spread I made for our mini Christmas "party" a few weeks ago and asked me to make the exact same thing!), we went on our annual walk around the neighborhood to take a look at the Christmas lights. The neighborhood my parents live in has a little light display competition each year, and it's so cool to see what the neighbors come up with each year. It's been a fun little tradition ever since my parents moved to Florida and it's been warm enough to walk around on Christmas Eve!



For the rest of this evening, I'm going to wrap up my viewing of Dash & Lily on Netflix. It's actually such an adorable little series and I would 100% recommend it for some feel-good holiday cuteness. It's based on Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (a favorite YA Christmas book!) and I've been loving it. It's definitely been my favorite thing on my holiday watch list this season! Tomorrow will be a lot of fun - as Christmas tends to be - and I'll be sure to report back on what we get up to for Blogmas Day 25! Merry Christmas, y'all. I hope you have a fantastic holiday, and for those who might not celebrate, an incredible weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment