Thursday, December 3, 2020

Recent Media Favorites | Blogmas Day 3

Outside of books, I'm totally a creature of habit when it comes to my media consumption. I'll watch the same handful of shows over and over. When it's time to watch a movie, I prefer an old favorite. Every now and then, though, I'll venture out of my comfort zone and find a new show, podcast, movie, or bit of music that I really enjoy and want to share with everyone. Today I'm going to share with you a couple bits of media that I've been really enjoying the last few months, and hopefully you all will enjoy them as well!

Sweet Boys Podcast

I am so excited about this podcast, and even more excited that it is also being released as a video podcast each week! I'm a big fan of Garrett Watts and Andrew Siwicki, like many others. I find them so funny and their stream of consciousness conversations make me giggle so much. There isn't a set agenda or purpose for this podcast, but I feel like it is such a nice, positive distraction in this crazy world. It feels like I'm just hanging out with two funny and kind friends. Highly recommend throwing this on in the background while you're cleaning, going for a walk, or just looking to clear your mind a bit from the stress of daily life.

We Are the Champions on Netflix


This mini docu-series was so much fun to watch! Each episode chronicles a unique competition that happens somewhere around the world and follows a handful of participants and their journey leading up to and during the competition. The first episode, which covers Cheese Rolling in the UK, will have you hooked immediately. Y'all, when I tell you I was tearing up on the treadmill watching the results of a freaking yo-yo competition. πŸ˜‚ You will be totally invested in these peoples' stories, and it will make you feel so good about pursuing all of your interests, no matter how niche.

Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu


I've been slowly watching this throughout the fall and I am blown away by how good it is! I was a big fan of Celeste Ng's book, and also a big fan of the Big Little Lies adaptation which Reese Witherspoon also created, so I had high hopes for this adaptation. It definitely has not disappointed! I still have a few episodes left to get through but I'm really enjoying this show and think it is totally worth the watch if you're looking for a new drama to get into.

Office Ladies Podcast


This is one of the more popular podcasts that is out at the moment, so it may not be new to you, but during quarantine/working from home I've fallen WAAAAY far behind in my podcast listening since I don't have a commute at the moment. With The Office being removed from Netflix at the end of 2020, I wanted to give the show one more watch through and with that, I've picked back up on my Office Ladies listening! It's so fun to hear the behind the scenes experiences of the cast and crew of The Office, and Angela Kinsey and Jenna Fisher are so thorough in their recounting. If you haven't given the podcast a listen and you're a fan of the comedy series, this is an excellent way to learn a bit more about the show!

True Crime YouTube Channels

I've recently been getting back into my interest of learning about true crime cases, and specifically the psychology of the folks behind them. I know that true crime can be a sensitive subject because these are REAL people's experiences, but learning how investigations and the criminal justice system operates is so fascinating to me. In high school I had a period of time where I was interested in potentially going into forensic science as a career, and then I quickly realized that while on the surface it seems like an interesting path, the whole ~science~ part was not a strong suit of mine πŸ˜‚ So that interest area has resulted in a casual interest in criminal psychology, which basically means doing really amateur research on the internet. πŸ€· There's a couple of YouTube channels that I've been really digging lately when it comes to learning more about the subject, and I'll leave them below with some of my favorite videos from them:

JCS Criminal Psychology

Observe


Stephanie Harlowe


What pieces of media have you been enjoying recently?
What should I check out next?

No comments:

Post a Comment