Sunday, December 1, 2019

December 2019 At a Glance 🦌 | Blogmas Day 1

Happy December, first day of Blogmas, and last month of the 2010's! 

It's pretty apparent that 2019 has been an extremely challenging year for me and I'm hoping to end it on a positive note and move on to the roaring 2020's 😊 I'm really looking forward to the holiday season this year and doing all of the Christmassy things. I've already decorated the apartment to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, it doesn't include a full-size tree this year but I decorated our living room and even put some lights outside on our stoop for the first time! I love coming home to see our colorful lights outside our door. Here's a snap of our mini tree and our stockings hung up (the other two are for our roommate and his girlfriend)!


I also, of course, updated my blog layout for Christmas! I've really enjoyed "decorating" for the holidays over the last couple of months and for the end of the year I wanted to go with my favorite member of the Christmas decor family - lights! I'm thinking in the new year I'll be going back to a more neutral layout and maybe even changing things up a bit. We'll see! 😊



I know I haven't shared my bullet journal online in a LONG while, but I'm actually really excited with how my monthly spread came out for December and I wanted to show it off! Christmas time always makes me think of Harry Potter (let's be real, most things make me think of Harry Potter 😂) so I really wanted to do a ~Christmas at Hogwarts~ theme. However, I wasn't totally confident in making it work with a calendar spread and the amount of time I was willing to put into drawing a Hogwarts scene didn't bode well for what the end result would be, haha. So I used this illustration of Hedwig as inspiration, and this is what I came up with:

What do you think? 😊

December Plans

-Happy Holidays Half Merrython on the 1st (today! Hopefully I'm done running by the time you're reading this 😂)
-Chicago Marathon 2020 lottery results are announced on the 12th - cross your fingers for me! ðŸ¤ž
-7 year anniversary with Brett on the 14th
-Traveling to Florida on the 21st to spend Christmas week with my family

December Goals

-Again, continue to hit all of my workouts for NOLA! I'm really happy with how November went so I'm hoping to continue to ride the wave of motivation.
-I want to do well with Blogmas without burning myself out like I did with BEDA. I'd love to have at least something to share with you every day, even if it's a couple of snapshots off my phone!

...aaaand that's all the pressure I'm willing to put on myself this mornth and I think that's perfectly fair 😂


December TBR

My TBR is a little eclectic this month. I'll be participating in the 'Tis the Season-a-thon which starts tomorrow (see my TBR blog post for the readathon here), and for the rest of the month I took to Twitter to help me decide what to read! I had folks give me some random numbers that correlated with my TBR shelf on GoodReads. I wound up getting 21 different books to read (which of course would be impossible to accomplish 😂), so I divided up the books into 3 ~mystery piles~ of 7 and had everyone vote!



Turns out everyone voted for the most unique pile of the bunch with a mixture of historical fiction, sci fi, horror, and a YA contemporary set during the summer (which will be really interesting to read in the middle of December 😂). I really enjoyed doing this to pick my TBR for the month, though! I have books in this stack that I don't think I would have reached for if it hadn't been for you all, so I definitely want to do this again for future TBRs.


These are the books that you all picked!

The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobb
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak
The Power by Naomi Alderman
Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
Insomnia by Stephen King

 (and my 'Tis the Season-a-Thon  TBR if you were curious!)

Us Against Them by Fredrik Backman
North by Scott Jurek
What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera
Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston

No comments:

Post a Comment