Monday, December 30, 2019

10 Best Photos of the Decade | Blogmas Day 30

As the 2010's come to a close, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the decade as a whole. This was the decade of my 20's and as such, so many transformative experiences happened for me in the last 10 years. I wanted to go through the hundreds (or more likely, thousands) of photos that were snapped over this decade and choose just one that I think best captured my favorite memories from each year. I loved this exercise and I 100% recommend doing the same thing to reflect on your experiences from the 2010's!

2010


2010 was such a fun year. I was newly single, focusing on my friends, and getting more involved on campus. I even got to travel internationally several times and spend a semester abroad! Throughout all of the amazing things that happened that year, the one thing that I'll always remember was my time as an Orientation Leader over the summer. I feel like I spent that entire summer laughing with these amazing people and I will always look back on the summer so fondly.

2011


I feel like 2011 was really the year of lacrosse for me! When looking through my photos from that year I had so many from my lacrosse season. We made the conference championship this year AND I scored a goal (captured above) which was rare for me because I played defense. 😂 Lacrosse was such a huge part of my college experience and I'm happy that I have so many photos to look back on!

2012


I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2012 which was such a huge accomplishment for me. I feel like I loved my college experience so much and that coming to a close was a huge life moment. I love this picture of me. It looks like I'm laughing because the photographer actually ended up being my friend Will and I was so shocked and excited to see him!

2013


2013 was the year of my first marathon! I decided to run a marathon just to see if I could do it, and now I have 12 marathons under my belt, working toward 50 states. Crazy! This race (the Hartford Marathon) ran out of participant shirts and finisher's medals (they sent them later) so I remember ending the race feeling pretty disappointed, but at least I got one of my favorite race photos ever out of it! This is me coming across the finish line of my first marathon, and I can honestly say that's probably the best I've looked coming across the finish line of any race. 😂

2014


I love this photo so much - a huge group selfie with my first Orientation Leader staff! I love that in 2010 my favorite photo was as part of an OL staff, and my favorite photo of 2014 is of the OL staff I supervised. This team of students was honestly one of my favorite groups of students I've ever worked with. They were hard working, good humored, and honestly kept me so entertained through 6 long orientation sessions. I miss the 2014 BSU OLs so much! 🐻

2015


I think the biggest thing that I will always remember from 2015 is graduating with my Master's degree! Going to graduate school was never in my plan when I thought of the future, and being able to say I earned my Master's was (and still is) so crazy to me. I love this photo of Brittany and I so much. She was truly my partner in crime that last year in grad school, and our staff in OSIL totally embraced 2015 as the year of the selfie-stick! 😂

2016


This photo will always bring a smile to my face. This was the end of my first year as a higher ed professional at Mount Holyoke, staffing a program that I planned and executed, and enjoying a beautiful day with my Student Programs team. I miss these people being in my everyday life so much, and I will always be so thankful that Erin, Jaime, Alicia, and Tim (not pictured because he was likely off saving the day somewhere on campus!) were my first colleagues as a pro. They welcomed me into their family with such open arms and made me feel right at home, and I can largely look to them as the reason why I've stuck with higher ed as a career path. Miss you guys! 💗

2017


2017 had a lot of ups and downs, but Poppy & Lupita were always a saving grace for Brett and me. I love this photo of the four of us playing in the front yard so much, and describes each of their personalities so much - Lupita wanting to play tug-of-war 24/7, and Poppy just wanting a belly rub. I miss being able to spend time with them so much, but we are so lucky that we were able to have them in our lives when we were able to.

2018


I feel like 2018 was the year of the Doodie Gang! Brett and I spent so much time with Erin & Cullen in 2018 and created so many memories with them throughout the year. I really love this photo of us having a pre-Youngstown Marathon dinner on their patio over the summer. We're so lucky to call them our friends!

2019


This will ALWAYS be my favorite photo of 2019, and is a strong contender of my favorite of the decade. This is a photo tells such a story. This is the finish line of the Florida Marathon back in February, aka Cassie's very first marathon! I ran with her the entire way and she fought so hard to get to that finish line. I was so proud of her for getting there and those tears were totally earned!

Here's to another decade full of new memories! 🥂

No comments:

Post a Comment