Friday, December 20, 2019

Chocolate Covered Oreos! | Blogmas Day 20


I've been making chocolate covered Oreos SO FREQUENTLY this holiday season! I made them for Thanksgiving, I made them for my staff holiday party, and then I made them again for our work cookie swap that we had today. They're honestly so simple to make and they're such a huge hit that it's an easy choice to make these as a dessert to share with family and friends! Here's what you'll need to make them:

-Your favorite variety of Oreos (we got with Double Stuf because... duh)
-Your favorite variety of baking chocolate chips. I've made milk chocolate, white chocolate, peppermint white chocolate, and peanut butter. There are plenty of other flavors of baking chips, though, so get creative!

Those are literally the only two ingredients you need. 😂


Step 1: Lay out some wax paper on a flat surface so you have a place to set the Oreos down. This is a messy recipe and you need to work quickly before the chocolate hardens, so having a place ready to go for them to set is very important!

Step 2: Melt down the chocolate chips in the microwave. You can use as many as you'd like, but I usually opt to melt them one bag at a time in a microwave safe bowl. (One standard 12oz. bag will make about 12 Oreos!) I recommend putting them in the microwave in 30 second increments and stirring between increments until fully melted. This will help avoid the chocolate from melting. You'll want to repeat this process until the chocolate is easy to stir and is entirely smooth.

Step 3: Dip the Oreos one by one into the melted chocolate, and set aside on the wax paper. You might opt to use a utensil to dip the Oreos, but I honestly just use my fingers as it's easier to ensure that the Oreo is entirely coated.

Step 4: Let Oreos sit for 30-45 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. You can have the Oreos setting in room temperature, but to really get the chocolate to set, I recommend putting them in the fridge overnight.

Step 5: Take Oreos out of the fridge roughly 20-30 minutes before serving so they're not too rock hard!

And that's it! The whole process takes less than 10-15 minutes per batch and the results are always a huge hit. I totally recommend adding this recipe to your dessert arsenal if you're crunched for time!



If you were wondering, I made milk chocolate, white chocolate, and I tried a ~swirl~ batch for the office cookie swap today. I went in with 4 containers of Oreos and only came back with one container that was about 75% full. Not too bad!

What's your favorite dessert that you like to make?

(P.S. These were my spoils from today's cookie swap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment