Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Vacation TBR! 🌴 | Blogmas Day 18

In three short days, Brett and I will be on our merry way down to Florida for the Christmas holiday. I am so excited to get out of this cold, grey, snowy mess for a little while and soak up some much needed sunshine! 🌞 As usual, I love bringing a huge stack of books along with me on our Florida trips to read outside, and this trip is no different. Judging by my reading pace recently I'm not sure how many books I'll be getting through, but it'll be nice to have some options to choose from while I laze by the pool with a cocktail. 🍹 Here's what I'm planning to take along with me:


Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 22-24 & vol. 25-27 by Hiromu Arakawa - I've mentioned a few times that I've been wanting to finish up this manga series by the end of 2019, and I thought manga would be a great low-key addition to a vacation TBR! Brett is so pumped for me to get this series read and has been patiently waiting for me to finish it for a year and a half now. 😂 He'll be stoked once I'm finally done!

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - This was probably the most random title to end up on the TBR you all selected for me this month, but I wanted to save this one for when I was down in Florida. It's always nice to read summery books when the weather is warm (which it definitely IS NOT in Massachusetts right now 😭), so hopefully reading this book while being in the sun will help thaw me out from the cold a bit.


The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak - This title also wound up on my TBR that you all picked for December and I'm actually really excited to get to it! I've heard it compared to Ready Player One, but with a more contemporary romance feel. I have a feeling that this will have the lighthearted vibe that I always crave in my books around the holidays.

Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson - I'm actually currently in the middle of this book, so I think I'll be focusing on this novel first. I'm actually really enjoying it thus far and I'm really intrigued by Kevin Wilson's writing style! I'm excited to have time in my schedule to really focus on this story and get lost in this world for a while.

Talking to Strangers by Malcom Gladwell - This is also a book that I'm in the middle of and actually started back in November. I've developed this terrible habit of starting books and putting them down for months at a time, so I'm trying to slowly chip away at my "Currently Reading" shelf on GoodReads. Again, this is a book that I'm actually really enjoying, but for some reason I've put on the back burner. I think it will be good to have a non-fiction title in this stack to change it up a bit!

What are you hoping to read over the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment