Friday, November 29, 2019

'Tis the Season-a-Thon TBR!


It has been a good long while since I've participated in a readathon. These last few months my reading game has *totally* dipped and it bums me out because I love reading so much! During this time I had zero motivation to participate in any readathons because I just knew it was going to be a massive fail. However, with the year coming to a close and the Christmas season officially kicking off (my personal rule is that the Christmas season doesn't start until December 1st, but I guess post-Thanksgiving still counts 😉), I thought a fun way to get in the holiday spirit is to participate in a Christmassy readathon, so I decided to hop on the 'Tis the Season A Thon train from December 2nd to December 8th!


This readathon has 5 challenges. I'm usually the type of gal that likes to pick out as many books as there are challenges, but given my current rate of reading, I doubt I'll get all of these books read! I am really excited about the books I've chosen, though, and I think they'll be a great combination of different genres and topics to keep my reading motivation high throughout the week. Here's what I'm hoping to read:


North: Finding My Way While Running the Appalachian Trail by Scott Jurek
A book you received as a gift

My sister gave me this book as a birthday gift a few years ago and I still have not gotten to it! I am really surprised that I haven't because A. I absolutely love memoirs about ultra running, and B. it is currently on my 5 star predictions list. As I'm currently in the middle of a marathon training cycle (let's be real, when am I not?), I'm hoping this will give me some extra motivation for training as the weather starts to get even colder.


What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera
A book title related to music
A book you received as a gift

While I don't know if this was that authors' intention (obviously I haven't read this yet and don't want to spoil myself through research!), What If It's Us is one of my very favorite songs from the musical Dear Evan Hansen so I think that totally counts for this challenge. This book was also a Christmas gift from my pal Michael last year, so it could also totally count for the challenge of a book I received as a gift. Two birds, one book! 😉


Us Against You by Fredrik Backman 
A book with snow on the cover
A book you received as a gift

This is the sequel to my very favorite book from 2018, Beartown and I am NERVOUS to read it. I loved Beartown so much and I'm really hoping that this book lives up to how good it predecessor was. Fingers crossed! This is also on my list of the books I'd like to read by the end of 2019, so I'm excited to get into it. PLUS this is the third book on my list that counts as a book I've received as a gift (a birthday gift from Michael this year!). Lots of gifts will be read next week! 😊


Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
A holiday themed book
A book you read while eating a holiday themed treat

I lumped these two titles and challenges together because I figured it would be more of a game time decision as to which one I go with. I think I'll be listening to these on audio during my commutes, so it really depends on what I'm in the mood for! However, they're both Christmassy books and I can enjoy listening to them with a holiday beverage (egg nog latte, anyone?) while I'm in the car.


10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
A holiday themed book
A book you read while eating a holiday themed treat
Bonus buddy read

Similarly to the two titles above, this one is going to be a game time decision. I love a good YA holiday romance this time of year, and since this is the recommended buddy read I figured why not throw it on the TBR and get to it if I can! Again, I'd probably listen to it on audio during my commute, and since it's a Christmassy book, why not also have a holiday themed treat while I read it as well?

Are you participating in 'Tis the Season-a-Thon? 
What are you planning to read?

1 comment:

  1. Us Against You is really really good. I thin Beartown is better but just because we read them as two individual books and Beartown came first. They could have probably been one. Writing is just as good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete