Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas 2019 Recap! | Blogmas Day 26


Happy day-after-Christmas, y'all! Christmas morning started out with me finally finishing up Fullmetal Alchemist. The manga had a great, explosive ending and everything wrapped up how I'd hoped. I'm excited to dive into the anime with Brett to see how it compares!

After a little while of lounging we had breakfast with my parents and sister and then opened up stockings and presents! Everyone gave such thoughtful gifts, and it seemed like everyone had a bit of a theme for the gifts they received 😂 For me I mainly asked for running gear and help toward my 50 states marathon goal and everyone definitely helped me out in that department! Here's what I received:


Stocking Gifts
-paintbrushes
-kinetic sand
-Swedish Fish
-mini travel mug
-multi tool
-owl tank top

Under-the-Tree Gifts
-dog piggy bank with a roll of quarters
-Hungry Hungry Hippos
-Harry Potter puzzle
-NoxGear LED running vest
-gift cards for travel expenses
-wooden box (art done by my sister) filled with candy and GUs
-spray water bottle
-Train Free vest
-Under Armour sweatshirts x2
-corgi & pizza socks


My parents specifically indicated what race I should use each gift card for, which I so appreciated! I feel like if someone doesn't tell me what to spend gifted money on I usually spend it on something boring like bills 😂


My sister also got me a carry-on rolling suitcase which I've been dying to have for a while! I travel so often for my races and I'm so tired of lugging my duffle bag around the airport. This baby will definitely get a lot of really great use!


After gifts were opened Brett and I tore into the puzzle I got. It took us less than an hour to get through 😂 We love a good puzzle! We did notice about halfway through the puzzle that it was misprinted. See if you can spot the difference!



Clearly upset with the misprint 😂


I've been trying to give Mikey some extra love this trip. He's an old boy - 13! - and losing Kiwi this year just makes me want to cherish every moment I have with him. He's still as cute as ever and always starved for attention, which I'm happy to shower him with (even if he's not a fan of selfies)!

We spent most of the day lounging and watching basketball, but we also decided to bust out the cornhole set that we got for my dad for Father's Day. It always gets pretty competitive but we have a great time playing and laughing!






The day ended with a fantastic dinner (which Mikey joined in with a good round of begging for scraps). We were all pretty beat by the end of the day so most of us turned in fairly early. For whatever reason, early bedtimes are easy to achieve around the holidays 😂 Another Christmas has already come and gone - so wild! I hope everyone had a fantastic day yesterday - let me know in the comments what you got up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment