Monday, August 26, 2019

The Sun Says Summer, but the Air Says Autumn (BEDA Day 26)


It's that really weird time of year where the weather doesn't know what it wants to be. I always say that it's my least favorite time of year - when it's super cold and crisp in the morning but blazing hot in the afternoon. There's a distinct chill in the air that is reminding you that the warm days are singing their swan song and we're in for another long, cold winter. I'm trying to savor it as much as possible. I'm working remote today so I'm doing my computer work at one of my favorite places in town and soaking in the sun. My feet are cold (#HPsocksforever) and I'm wearing a long sleeve, but I'M STILL WEARING SHORTS, DAMMIT!

It's officially the first day of classes, so it's a little strange to not be on campus, but we're heading in to our big weekend of welcome back programming so I'll get plenty of time to enjoy the energy of the new year. I'm looking forward to seeing the campus back in action, even if it means saying goodbye to my favorite time of year!

Positives from today (so far, since I'm blogging earlier than 10pm for once)

+Spent the morning catching up on some episodes of Last Chance U
+Made myself a breakfast of turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, and Greek yogurt (and accidentally set the fire alarm off. WOOPS)
+Getting a ton of random things checked off my work to-do list that I can't usually get to when I'm distracted in the office
+STRETCHED for once in my life #whoami

No comments:

Post a Comment