Friday, August 30, 2019

Personality Assessments (BEDA Day 30)

A lot of folks think personality assessments are a bunch of malarkey, but I find that they really help understand myself. Working in higher education I do tend to be introduced to a lot of these assessments and usually see myself in the results that I get. I thought it'd be fun to share where I fall on different assessments. I've taken some of these tests multiple times and am a firm believer that your type changes as you learn and grow as a person (despite what the literature says) and can be accurate to where you are in your life. These are my most recent results for each assessment.

ZODIAC: TAURUS


While the Zodiac isn't really a personality assessment, I find that I do posses a lot of traits of a "typical" Taurus. I really enjoy following astrology accounts on social media and laugh at zodiac themed memes because (in my opinion) they are usually so spot on for me and for the people in my lives. I love learning more about how astrology interacts with my daily life and personality. Of course it's not always accurate, but it's a fun way to see how you align wiht the universe.



MBTI: INFP/INFJ

The MBTI is probably my least favorite of the personality assessments that I've taken because I feel like I'm so down the middle on most of the 4 components of your type. I usually fall into the INFJ or the INFP type. I believe a few years ago I shared here on the blog that I was an INFP, but most recently I'm an INFJ. My J and P are so close that I flip back and forth, but I find descriptions of both types are accurate to me.





ENNEAGRAM: TYPE 6

This is a newer personality assessment for me that I truly feel like I need to learn more about, and being in the place I am in my life (particularly struggling with my mental health) I'm curious to see if that is having any impact on my type. I am really excited to learn more about the Enneagram, my type, and how to use my type in my daily life.



GALLUP STRENGTHS FINDER: INPUT, ARRANGER, LEARNER, RELATOR, STRATEGIC


This is the personality assessment that I utilize the most because my job and my field is very bought into the work of Strengths Finder. My top 5 strengths are very heavily focused on the Strategic Thinking domain, which makes a lot of sense because I am constantly in my own head. I feel like I see my strengths come out to play every day in my personal and professional life and am constantly challenged by my colleagues to utilize them to be successful. I love talking about Strengths with my students and my colleagues and I wish more folks in my life would take this assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment