Saturday, August 17, 2019

ContemporaryAThon Round 5 TBR (BEDA Day 17)

One of my favorite readathons to participate in, ContemporaryAThon, is returning next month! Because I can't resist building a TBR, I of course needed to create one for this round as well. II'm super early to the party (this round is September 23-29), but I wanted to share the books I'd like to read during the readathon with you all because I am STOKED to read each one of theses! I really don't think I'll be able to get through all of these, but I'll give it the ol' college try as I always do. I'm unsure if I'll vlog (it hasn't been a great year for vlogging), but I have over a month to decide that so I'm not too worried!


ContemporaryAThon Round 5 Challenges


1. Read a 2019 release
2. Read a contemporary with yellow on the cover
3. Read a diverse contemporary
4. Read a contemporary with an illustrated cover
5. Read a dark/hard-hitting contemporary
6. Read a contemporary with plants on the cover
7. A contemporary beloved by a member of the book community (shout out the creator, if you want!)

Below you'll see that I've picked out a book for each one of the challenges, but I've also noted all of the challenges that the book could possibly fulfill. So, in the likely event that I won't finish 7 books during the readathon, I'll at least be able to strive to complete all 7 challenges! I've also made sure to link to each creator for any book that fulfills challenge #7, so be sure to check out each creator to find out their thoughts on each book.

1. Read a 2019 release


Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
Also counts for: Plant on the cover, dark/hard-hitting, beloved by a member of the book community

2. Read a contemporary with yellow on the cover



The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
Also counts for: Dark/hard-hitting, beloved by a member of the book community, illustrated cover

3. Read a diverse contemporary


If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

4. Read a contemporary with an illustrated cover


Hello Girls by Brittany Caravallo & Emily Henry
Also counts for: 2019 release, dark/hard-hitting

5. Read a dark/hard-hitting contemporary


Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
Also counts for: 2019 release, beloved by a member of the book community

6. Read a contemporary with plants on the cover



American Street by Ibi Zoboi
Also counts for: Diverse, yellow on the cover, illustrated cover, dark/hard-hitting

7. A contemporary beloved by a member of the book community (shout out the creator, if you want!)


Everything All at Once by Katrina Leno
Also counts for: Yellow on the cover, illustrated cover

No comments:

Post a Comment