Sunday, August 25, 2019

Small Victories (BEDA Day 25)


Remember my list of weekend plans that I posted on Friday? Well, it turns out my short list of goals was completely
achievable for me, and I wound up being able to check off everything on my list! As a refresher, here were my plans, and here's what I ended up doing...

Weekend plans:

1. Watch UnReal - I recently got into it and it's a reality show lover's dream of a scripted show
Watched a bunch of episodes on Friday night and will probably watch more tonight.

2. Finish up Love Island UK - the last few episodes should be going live on Hulu tomorrow
Watched all the new episodes yesterday while working on my paint by numbers.

3. Present to a few student groups at a student leader retreat tomorrow
Did two presentations at the retreat yesterday and had a great time getting to know them a bit better.

4. Run 16 miles on Sunday... fingers crossed I can catch that distance
This was really hard... and not even the running part. Had a huge mental block getting the run started which felt so, so horrible. But luckly B was there for me and was able to calm me down enough to actually start, and once I started I just kept going. I wound up getting all 16 miles in.

5. Finish my paint by numbers I started last weekend
I finished up the entirety of the painting yesterday! Photo to come soon...

It's been a long time since I've been able to set small personal goals for myself and achieve them all in the time span I wanted to achieve them. I'm calling this weekend a victory and hope I can build some momentum into getting my head back into a better place. I want to set myself another small list of personal goals for this upcoming week and hopefully I can be as successful as I was this weekend.

Plans for the Week (8/26-8/30)

1. Do my two scheduled mid-distance training runs during the week (5mi & 7mi)
2. Finish a book (it's been a while since I've been able to do that)
3. Cook 2x during the week
4. Watch the newest episode of The Challenge which is returning this week
5. Spend time outside every day to savor the end of summer

No comments:

Post a Comment