Monday, August 12, 2019

Back to the School Year Grind (BEDA Day 12)

Today was the first day back to work and we are agonizingly close to the start of a new academic year.2 weeks until classes start, 13 days until returning students move in, 9 days before new student orientation begins. We switched back to our regular M-F, 8:30-4:30 schedule today as well, meaning the school year is officially upon us. Crazy! My boss and I are planning a bit of a mini retreat with our team in the department and reading about positive organizational leadership. I'm hoping it sets a good tone for the year ahead.


It's always so sad when the summer comes to a close, but I'm thankful to be heading into my second year at my job and feeling more confident in my role. I'm hoping for this year to bring more positivity than stress and that I'm able to grow in a more positive manner throughout the year. I feel like I have so much to learn about myself and the only way I can learn is to try my hardest each day. Fingers crossed for some positive energy all year long. 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment