Monday, December 10, 2018

Dear Santa... | Blog Ahead #20

Blog Ahead #20
Originally written on October 26, 2018

It's finally time for my favorite post of the year - my Dear Santa post! For those that may not be familiar, every year for the past few years I've taken a moment to think about the things that I would like to receive as Christmas gifts this year. Over the years this has changed a bit for me as I'm in a position where I can buy most things that I want for myself and it's getting harder for me to think of things that I'd like to receive as gifts - things that I wouldn't normally buy myself. I really do have most things I could ever possibly want/need! I still managed to think of a few items that I would love to see under my Christmas tree this year, and I thought I'd share them with you all today! :D

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)

1. To Kill a Mockingbird, the Graphic Novel! | I saw this advertised to me on GoodReads and I immediately had to drop everything I was doing to add this to my Amazon wish list. To Kill a Mockingbird has always been a favorite book of mine, and seeing it adapted into a graphic novel is something I never knew I needed until I heard it existed.

2. Black Hobonichi Cover with "Hide and Seek in the Forest" Cover-on-Cover | I'm getting back into the #plannergirl game recently and I've always wanted to have an official Hobonichi cover. I do have some knockoff planner covers that I use periodically (I have an ice blue one on my bujo at the moment), but I'm very interested to use a genuine Hobonichi product to see if it compares! I like a lot of their designs, but for some reason I would really love to have a black cover with this adorable "Hide and Seek in the Forest" cover-on-cover!

3. Tickets to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter | I've been DYING to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (or, Harry Potter World for those like me who are too lazy to say the entire name) since it opened years ago in Orlando. Now my parents live SO CLOSE which makes it so much easier to go. I'm hoping someday soon I can svae up enough money to take a little bit of a touristy vacation to check out the HP parks!

4. DJI OSMO | This is something that I've had my eye on this year as I've been wanting to vlog more of my running adventures. Vlogging while running is inherently difficult because you're moving and shaking, making it nearly impossible to get a steady shot of anything. This handheld tripod keeps your camera steady and makes vlogging while running so much easier! I would be so excited to receive one of these as a gift.

5. A nice cozy electric blanket | I freaking hate being cold, and unfortunately that's difficult to avoid when you live in New England during the winter. I had an electric blanket as a kid and have no idea what happened to it, but I do remember absolutely loving it. I would be so thrilled to have one in my life again. They just make winter so much more bearable!

6. Nintendo Switch | I've always been a Nintendo fan. I just find Nintendo games the most fun out of all of the other video games out there! I've tried a few of the games on the Switch and have had so much fun playing them. I know Brett really wants a Switch as well and I think it would be so much fun to have a console that we could play on together.

7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, illustrated edition | This was actually on my Dear Santa list from last year, but I actually haven't gotten around to picking this book up for myself yet! It's hovered right at $35 dollars on Amazon for the longest time and for whatever reason, I never prioritize buying it. If this so happened to make it's way under the tree with my name on it, I wouldn't be mad. ;)

8. Money toward flights and race registrations for my 50 Marathons in 50 States challenge! | I don't know what it is, but whenever I think of what I would want for a gift I usually think of *items*. But when I was thinking about it this year, I had an epiphany. I'm trying to be a little more aggressive in my 50 Marathons in 50 States challenge in this upcoming year, so what I would *really* love to get as a gift above anything else would be help with flights and registration for these races I'm attempting to run. Marathons and traveling are both expensive, so any financial help I could get to work toward this goal would honestly be the best thing ever.

What are you asking Santa for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment