Saturday, November 17, 2018

5 Blog Recommendations | Blog Ahead #9

Blog Ahead #9
Originally written on October 18, 2018

I've been getting back into my blog reading groove lately and I've been absolutely loving it. Reading other people's stories every day keeps me inspired and motivated to go after my goals and to continue to document my life through one of my favorite hobbies - blogging! I thought I could dedicate at least one #BlogAhead post to 5 blogs that I've recently discovered that I absolutely love in the hopes that you'll love them as well.

1. The Hungry Runner Girl


This blog has been my absolute favorite recently. Janae, the author of this blog, does a great job of keeping her posts very personal (her personality shines through in every word!) as well as really sharing what she's doing in terms of running and training, down to every detail. She recently captured a sub-3 marathon at St. George and I just admire her so much. If you're a runner but need someone who you can maybe connect to on a personal level through reading her posts, highly recommend HRG!

Favorite Recent Posts:


2. Jenny in Neverland


I'm not sure what I searched in order to find this blog, but I'm a big fan. It is such a whimsical and aesthetically pleasing book blog that also touched on tips to run a successful blog. It isn't the most personal blog in the world. which is usually a big draw for me when it comes to blogs that I love, but Jenny in Neverland is just so fun to look at that this one has risen to the top as one of my new favorites!

Favorite Recent Posts:


3. It's a Reading Thing


This is my pal Andie's blog! She and I met on Twitter a few years ago. I'm unsure what first prompted our interactions, but I'm sure it was a readathon of some sort. Either way, I've been a fan of her blog for quite some time. She's so much more engaged in the blogging community than I am and I've found many fun bookish and blogish things to participate in (like Blog Ahead, for example) by reading her blog. She also does weekly wrap ups of all the media she's consuming and life updates here and there. Andie is such a sweet person and I'm happy to call her a friend!

Favorite Recent Posts:


4. Running Off the Reese's


This is another one of those blogs that does a fantastic job of combining personality and shop-talk when it comes to running. I've been finding that blogs that are just straight up information and advice are just not for me, as I'm reluctant to *always* be clicking on listacles and tips posts. I need to get to know the writer behind the posts in order to be tempted to stick around! I think this blog does a great job of balancing that and I feel like I know who Cely (the author) is as a person in addition to knowing who she is as a runner. She's also super sassy and her GIF game is on point which I am a huge fan of!

Favorite Recent Posts:



5. A Beautiful Mess


This is one of my absolute favorite crafty blogs! The photography on this blog is so breath taking and the things that are posted her really do inspire me to get a bit more crafty on a regular basis. This blog usually has a bunch of freebies like wallpapers for your phone and laptop, recipes, and step-by-step craft instructions. It's just such a fun blog to look at and they have new content daily so there's always something to read!

Favorite Recent Posts:


What are your favorite blogs to read? 
Leave your recommendations in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment