Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Catching Back Up

It's been a while since I've done a proper life update post! With the Richmond Marathon and Thanksgiving taking my full attention over the last two weeks, I've been too busy to sit down with a cup of coffee and update y'all on how things are going. Time to get all caught up!

{source}
I loved this comic because the dog's name is Poppy and this is exactly what our Poppy does!

The week after the marathon was so insane at work. It happens every year - the two weeks before Thanksgiving Break and the two weeks before Spring Break just seem like EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING AND EVERYTHING IS 10X MORE IMPORTANT, when in reality, people are just stressed and need a break. :P That being said, I did have to deal with quite a bit more ~drama~ at work that week which is never fun, but something I've dealt with many times in the past so not something I'm not prepared to handle. It did make the week fly by, though, and I honestly can't remember much that happened that week (aside from it SNOWING OMG), so let's fast forward to the weekend! ðŸ˜‚


Snow + sitting in Boston traffic = my idea of a good time! #not

The 17th & 18th was a #ReadYourFaceOff weekend (if you're unfamiliar, the book club I host on GoodReads does a 24 hour readathon every month) and I was so excited to just sit and read and not deal with the stress of travel! I read (and finally finished!) The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin which I'm super happy about because it had been on my currently reading shelf since JULY. I also started in on Nice Try, Jane Sinner (which I finished early on the following week) which was a super fun YA contemporary about reality television. So, you know, right up my alley. :P Brett and I also went on a little birthday shopping spree that weekend. He had a bunch of gift cards from his birthday that he wanted to spend so we made several stops around the area to get him good and spoiled. You're supposed to be spoiled on your birthday!


Last week was, of course, Thanksgiving week, and luckily I only had to be at work on Monday. Our Director decided to let everyone choose either Monday or Tuesday as a comp day, and the university was closed on Wednesday, so I chose to take Tuesday off and get my vacation started a day early. Tuesday wasn't super relaxed as I had to take my car into the shop. It had been making beautiful scraping sounds any time I hit the brakes. Lovely! New brake pads, tires, a new ball joint, and $1,000+ later, Dory was good as new and we were on our way. I say it all the time - cars are sadly a necessary evil in my part of the world. Yikes!


Wednesday was very low key. We spent most of it at home relaxing and headed over to Millis to spend the night before Thanksgiving. We hung with Brett's Mom, sister, niece, and nephew and enjoyed some pizza while relaxing for the evening. Yum! Because of my weird AF work schedule, and because I had to be up for a Turkey Trot the next morning, I was passed out by 9:30pm. #grandma



Despite the 12° degree weather, I dragged myself out of bed early Thursday morning for the Holliston Turkey Trot. Brett was a trooper and drove me to the high school where the 5K was happening. We froze a bit before the race but I think that worked to my advantage - I ran FAST to get out of the cold and I managed to run a sub-30 5K which is something I haven't done in YEARS!!! I realized around mile 2 that I could run under 30 minutes so I really pushed my pace to the finish line and came across at 29:43!!! SO PUMPED!!! They had bananas, donuts, and water (albiet some of the cups of water were frozen solid ðŸ˜‚) at the finish which was so nice to reward myself with, and on top of that, Brett and I made a stop at Muffin House, one of our favorite local bakeries, on the way home after the race.

Brett deserves the Supportive Boyfriend of the Year Award for coming out in the cold this early!

Thanksgiving was great as always, packed with tons of people, tons of food, and tons of cheer. Thanksgiving (and the holidays in general) can be very overwhelming for me as an introvert, and this year was no different, but it's always nice to spend the holidays with others. :) I hope everyone else had a great Turkey Day as well!


Friday we headed home to relax for the rest of the weekend. I spent most of the weekend laying in bed, reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and playing Hearthstone which is my new obsession. We also squeezed in two trips to the gym, so I'd call that a successful weekend! It's honestly all I ever want out of my time off, tbh.

Aaaand I think that just about catches you all up to where I am now! Unfortunately I've been battling a cold for the last few days. ðŸ˜© It's right on that level of being annoying enough to distract you throughout the day, but not bad enough where you need to take time off to rest in bed. THE WORST KIND OF COLD. (JK, I'd probably hate it more if I couldn't get out of bed. I'm just whining. But what is a blog for if not to have a place to whine? ðŸ˜‚)  Hopefully I can shake it off ASAP because Saturday starts December and the busiest month and a half EVER! No seriously, I'll be traveling every weekend in December (as most folks are), including a 3 week period where I won't be home at all. I'm excited and dreading it all at the same time. ðŸ˜‚

Anywho, this weekend Brett and I are planning to decorate the apartment for Christmas. I asked Twitter if they would be interested in watching a live stream of Christmas tree decorating on Saturday and I got a unanimous YES, so that's a thing that will be happening. I'm not sure what time on Saturday I'll be streaming, but I'm guessing sometime in the afternoon, so keep an eye on my Twitter/channel! I'll also be running a half marathon (the Half MerryThon, to be exact) on Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. ðŸ˜‚ With the way I'm currently feeling with my cold I'm really not looking forward to it right now, but hopefully I feel better before race day.

ALSO - I will be doing Happy Vlogidays again this year! I will be aiming to post weekly vlogs through Christmas & New Year's, hopefully on Saturdays, so keep an eye on my channel for those. I will post a playlist of all of this year's vlogs on the blog once it's all said and done, but if you'd like to see vlogs as they go live, check out my channel!

LINKS I LOVED THIS WEEK

Confetti Bucket Bag from Packed Party

No comments:

Post a Comment