Monday, November 19, 2018

Book Stores I'd Like to Visit | Blog Ahead #11

Blog Ahead #11
Originally written on October 23, 2018

One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to find a cool local bookstore to check out! I thought it'd be fun to make a list of some of the stores I'd like to visit sometime in my life and *hopefully* they will come to fruition. And let's be real, the biggest appeal is to just picture yourself dancing around the aisles of these shops like you're Belle in Beauty and the Beast, amirite?

{source}

The Last Bookstore - Los Angeles, CA: This bookstore is so cool and aesthetically pleasing! Not only does it have thousands of titles to choose from, there are so many cool archetecture pieces in this store, some of which are constructed from books (e.g. the book tunnel shown above)! It would be so much fun to spend an afternoon getting lost in this store and seeing it all in person.

{source}

Books Are Magic - Brookyln, NY: I constantly see Instagram posts of this mural and I've been DYING to get a snap of my own for literal years now. I thought that this was just a random mural, but it turns out that this is an actual bookshop in Brooklyn - not so far from where I live! I could totally make this a stop on my next trip to NYC, whenever that may be. This is such a cute little store and, based on their social media posts, I definitely think I could feel right at home here!

{source}

Powell's Books - Portland, OR: This is one of the most well known independent bookstores in the country and of course I'd love to pay it a visit! According to the Powell's website, Portland has named them the city's top attraction, which is something I can 100% get behind. If I ever travel to Portland, I will definitely be bringing an extra suitcase with me in order to get all of the books I'm sure to buy home!

{source}

Shakespeare & Company - Paris, France: Shakespeare & Company has a really interesting history (which you can find a brief version of here) and I think it is many reader's goal to own a book with the coveted "Shakespeare & Company - Kilometer Zero Paris" stamp on the inside flap, myself included. Honestly, I can't think of anything more perfect to do on a trip to Paris than sitting outside at a cafe with a good book from Shakespeare & Company and a glass of wine. Sign. Me. Up!

{source}

The Open Book - Wigtown, Scotland:
 One of the coolest BNB concepts I've heard of! In Scotland's National Book Town, you can rent the apartment above The Open Book AND run the shop during your stay! You can create the displays, interact with customers, and live your best life as a bookseller. I am so into this idea and I feel like this would be the perfect place to travel to when I'm older! :)

What bookstores do you want to visit in your lifetime?

No comments:

Post a Comment