Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Out of Control

I took the day off of blogging yesterday for the first time since late November and it felt SO WEIRD! It was nice to not have to force myself to try to think of something to blog about - I'm back to the normal daily work grind and things are fairly boring - but it definitely felt like part of my routine was missing and I did feel a bit off. So we're back to writing & posting today! 😂

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a control freak. I'm a big BIG believer in taking action in your own life and not just letting things happen for you, so my natural instinct is to try and take steps towards achieving the things I want to achieve at all times. At this point in time, however, I'm feeling a little (a lot) out of control. I have ideas of where I'd like my life to be at this point and time and they're not there yet, and that's not because I haven't done the things I believe I have to do in order to get there. It's mostly due to other factors in my life having to fall into place *first* which are beyond my control. It's a scary feeling and dealing with it is a really big challenge for me. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

I think when I feel like this the best thing for me to do is focus on the smaller things in my life that I can take control of - blogging, working out, reading... Things that make me feel like I'm accomplishing something productive (because I am!) and can scratch that itch of needing to take charge of things. While the big things may still be on my mind, I can at least give more attention to the smaller things in life that may fly under the radar while I'm working toward my bigger goals.

In the meantime, I've been getting SO excited for my February races! I'll be in New Orleans in less than a month for the Rock n' Roll New Orleans Marathon weekend, and a few weeks after that I'll be down in Orlando with Cassie for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend! I just received all the pieces for my costumes for both the Enchanted 10k and the Princess Half which has gotten me so much more excited. You won't be getting a glimpse of my costumes until we're much closer to the race, but I have been looking at runDisney costumes online all week in my excitement for the big weekend. I wanted to share some of my absolute favorites!

I'm not sure if these first two are runDisney costumes, but they are amazing nonetheless and I would LOVE to see either one of these out on the course! 😂


"I AM MRS. NESBITT!!!"


Is it me or what this character the most terrifying Disney character to date? 😂

This last one is definitely a runDisney costume and probably the best costume I've EVER seen. I practically did a spit take at how genius this is!:


With this weekend being WDW Marathon weekend, I'll be following along with all of the runners on social and getting myself even more hyped for Princess Weekend. It's going to be such a blast! I'm especially going to be following along with the folks who will be attempting the Dopey Challenge as that is one (four of?) of my bucket list races. Hopefully Cassie and I can make our Dopey attempt sometime in the next few years!

Tonight I'm back on the running horse after my 18 miler that left me in shreds, and I'm hoping to wrap up reading Bunny which has honestly been one of the weirdest books I've ever read. 😂 Really trying to embrace this low-key time as much as possible as I know as soon as January's over my life will be action-packed until May!

What are some things you're looking forward to?
What do you do when you feel a little "out of control"?

No comments:

Post a Comment