Friday, January 24, 2020

What I've been up to these last few weeks! // Weekly Round Up 1.19.20 - 1.25.20


Hey, team! It's been a bit since I've done a weekly round up post, even though I said I'd be bringing them into the new year with me. 😂 WOOPS! Students are back on campus which means my weeks are a bit busier now, but I think I'm back into my usual work week rhythm now which has been nice. As much as I love my time off, having a routine is definitely helpful for the ol' mental health. Anywho, here are some things that I've been up to over the last couple weeks to get ya up to speed.


The Circle on Netflix - If you aren't on this train yet I NEED YOU TO GET ON IT! I'm a big fan of reality TV and I ate this series up like candy. 8 strangers are all in an apartment building and cannot see or hear each other. The only way they can communicate is via a social networking platform called The Circle which is voice activated. The players can play as themselves OR they can play as someone else, and there's no way of knowing if they're really who they say they are. It's a simple concept but I was HOOKED! I need season 2 immediately!!!




runDisney Vlogs - With the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend happening a couple weekends ago, I've been REALLY into watchng runDisney vlogs the past couple of weeks! I love watching different people's experiences of running various runDisney events and I've been picking up a whole ton of tips and tricks that I'll definitely be using to navigate Princess Half Marathon weekend next month. I think my favorite runDisney vloggers I've found so far are TriTwinsMom and The Brookhart Project who both have done the Dopey Challenge multiple times. Dopey is on my race bucket list so these vlogs not only have gotten me amped for Princess but also for my future Dopey Challenge adventure, whenever that might be! Here's a couple vlogs for you all to check out:




Marathon Maniacs Newsletter - My photo from Newport was featured in the Marathon Maniacs quarterly newsletter! I was also featured last quarter, so it's become a bit of a tradition. 😂 I wonder if any pictures of mine will be featured next quarter? I'll be rocking my MM yellow on the NOLA course, so you never know! 💛


#BRProud - This week the BibRave Pros were challenged to take photos in our swag, so Cassie and I decided to do a bit of a photoshoot in our BibRave beanies! We even got Abby involved but I'm not sure she was too excited about it. 😂 Sorry, girl! If you'd like to snag som BibRave swag for yourself (and tbh there's some really cool stuff!), check out the BibRave Gear Shop. (That "Easier Said Than Run" tee tho... 👀) Here's a couple of my favorite snaps from yesterday:




Making a return to YouTube - ICYMI, I have started posting to YouTube again over the last couple of weeks! After giving it quite a bit of thought, I finally have felt ready to return to the platform and start making videos again. I know I'm going to be going on quite a few adventures this year and I love making videos of my travels. I also really missed making readathon vlogs which I hope to do more of in 2020! I've posted two videos so far, and you can check them out below:



This weekend I have to run 10 miles in the morning then work sorority recruitment in the evening (😳), then I'm hanging with Cassie on Sunday! I'm hoping I can finish one of the books I have on the go this weekend since it's been a while since I've finished something, and get some serious resting and stretching in. I can't believe I leave for New Orleans 2 weeks from today, but I am SO excited to kick off spring racing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment