Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 2020 At a Glance

HAPPY 2020 EVERYONE!!!

We're now in the roaring 20's which is so fun to say!! I am hopeful and optimistic that the new year will bring new, fun adventures and positive steps forward in my life. If you're interested, I did post my goals for the new year a few days ago and you can find them here. I'm ultimately trying to take life as it comes and trying not to control things too much (so basically fighting all of my natural instincts 😂) but it's always good to have some kind of direction and goals to work toward. Ultimately I just want to strive to be a happier person this year, and have everything I do help me become that person. Here's hoping! ðŸ¤ž

If you haven't noticed, I did update my layout once more! I'm not planning on changing it monthly anymore. As fun as having a new layout every month was, I wanted to create a new look that could work all year long. I'm loving the new, bold look of this layout and I'm excited for it to stick around for a little while. Let me know what you think!



JANUARY PLANS

I don't have a ton on my plate this month, which I'm actually very thankful for as February and March are going to be so crazy with running and travel, and April is *always* insane with work. Starting out 2020 on a calmer note is going to be a blessing! I am planning to participate in Read Your Face Off 24 Hour Readathon on the 18th & 19th and I hope you're able to join us as well. ðŸ¤—

JANUARY GOALS

-We're coming to the end of my training cycle! I missed a few workouts in December so I'm hoping to finish the cycle strong and put it all out there to have the best race possible down in New Orleans.
-Start journaling more regularly & manage stress and negative emotions instead of ignoring or pushing through them.

JANUARY TBR

This is a BIG ol' TBR to kick off the year, but I like to have a lot of options to pull from (then, based on my recent reading habits, not get to any of them 😂). I have a couple of reading goals I'm trying to meet each month so I made note if a book would qualify for one of those goals. I'm excited to dive into these books and hopefully I can make time for as many of these as possible.

The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi
All That She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher
Bunny by Mona Awad
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (lots of folks suggested this should be at the top of my TBR pile when I posted it on Instagram!)
Talking to Stangers by Malcom Gladwell (Currently reading)
The Marathon Maniacs by Malcom Anderson (Currently reading)
Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (December 2019 BOTM box pick)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (re-read)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (re-read)

1 comment:

  1. I really, really recommend Persepolis and Scythe - both of them made my Topn Ten list for last year.

    I'm hoping to get to Dear Edward before too long, but we'll see... so many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete