Monday, January 6, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Links {#2: Empowering Women Edition!}

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been MIA over the past couple days. I got sick with a lovely cold which is no fun, and also have had my life ruled by reading a 565 page text book before the class I'm reading it for even starts... x_x

The current bane of my existence... #gradschoolproblems

Today I wanted to share with you a couple of awesome internet findings I've stumbled across over the last few days. There's been quite a bit out there about empowering women lately, and I'm loving it!

"Female Freedom Has an Expiration Date" - Being 35 and Single


The first is this self-documentary by a 35 year old film director, talking about her love life and why she isn't married - half by choice and half not. She ponders if she'll ever find true love that will last a lifetime, yet emphasizes that no matter what, loving yourself is the only way to be truly happy. Definitely worth a watch, as well as showing all those annoying relatives that ask you "when are you getting a boyfriend/girlfriend?!" at every family gathering. #ughcity

18 Things Women Shouldn't Have to Justify

This popped up on my news feed this morning and it just made me feel so great! Women (as well as men) spend a lot of time trying to justify the things that they do because they fear if they don't, they will get judged or ridiculed in some way, shape, or form. It happens so often, that it's almost second nature. I don't even realize I'm doing it half the time, but now that I think back on things, I do feel like I have to explain myself a lot. Why should we have to justify living our lives the way we want to live them if we're not hurting anyone else?



I'm a big advocate of embracing your inner nerd and fully believe everyone has one! I, myself, am pretty nerdy by society's standards - I blog and vlog, I love playing video games, I'm over-obsessive about Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, etc. - but there's certain stigmas and stereotypes that come with identifying as a nerdy girl, like anything else! This article helps debunk some of those stereotypes, and helps girls embrace a nerdier lifestyle. It's a good thing - I promise! :)

I'm loving all of these female friendly articles and videos that are coming out! 
Keep 'em coming, internet.

What are some of your favorite links of the moment?
Share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment