Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August 2017 TBR!

Wahhhh I am SO SAD that is the last month of my actual summer "break" for work! :( 

I am definitely planning on taking advantage of the last few weeks of a slow schedule to read my dang face off. I am planning to take part in Bout of Books 20, as well as celebrate my BookTube birthday (August 19th!) in a really fun way - details on that coming soon. ;) I really want to embrace this last little bit of free time I have before another academic year begins and what better way to do that than give myself a LOT of books to read? :P

This month's TBR, I decided to have a little bit of fun and get my dogs involved. You read that right, my dogs helped me pick my August TBR! You'll need to click my video to find out how that actually happened, but Lupita and Poppy helped me pick my Classic, Non-Fiction, Diverse, and TBR Jar picks for August. I had such a blast filming this video, and I think the pups did as well. :) Click play on the video to watch the action, and scroll to the bottom of the post to see the list of books I will definitely be reading this month!


2017 Goal Picks

Classic: Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Non-Fiction: Mad Women: The Other Side of Life on Madison Avenue in the '60s and Beyond by Jane Maas
Diverse: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
TBR: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Buddy Reads

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins (with Andie from It's a Reading Thing)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (with Michael who is back on BookTube! YAY!)
The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn (with my IRL reading pal, Shannon)
Geekerella by Ashley Poston (with Becky from Beck's Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment