Thursday, June 8, 2017

Read-O-Rama Round 7 TBR!

My dear bookish friend Michael and I were chatting over Twitter a few days ago and he informed me that he was planning to participate in the next round of Read-O-Rama, happening during the second full week of June. Not knowing that this was happening and absolutely loving the Read-O-Rama readathon, I instantly hopped on their Twitter to check out the challenges. 

I knew I already had a hefty TBR for the month of June that I wanted to get through and I really didn't want to bump any reads out of my June lineup, so I was thrilled to find that the majority of the challenges met books that I was already planning on reading this month! Because I've already talked about most books (aside from the graphic novel) in my June TBR video, I did not want to make a separate TBR video specifically for the readathon, so instead I'm sharing it right here on the blog! Keep reading to find out which books I will be getting to during the readathon and the challenges that they will be fulfilling!


Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
A book with water on the cover: The Puffin Pixels edition, which is the edition that I'll be reading, has water on the cover.
Michael and I will be buddy reading this book during the readathon!

Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
A book with RAMA in the title or author's name: You can easily find RAMA in the title.
A book you've been anticipating: I've been wanting to read this since I first got my hands on it back in FEBRUARY.
A book released in the summer of any year: This book was released on August 1, 2015.

Giant Days, vol. 2 by John Allison
A book with under 150 pages: This volume has 128 pages.
A graphic novel: Pretty self explanatory!

Swing Time by Zadie Smith
An own voices book: Zadie Smith is a woman of color and from what I know about this book, both of the main characters in the book are women of color.

The only challenge I am not planning to meet is the Read 7 books challenge. The titles I have picked out are all quite lengthly (minus Giant Days) so I don't think I'll be able to fit in any more than what I have picked out for myself. That's okay, though! I'm still looking forward to having a great time reading next week and to hopefully find some new favorite books! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment