Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Marathon #6: Wineglass Marathon in Corning, NY

Despite the crushing 90 degree heat that New England has been experiencing over the last few days, I will be starting my sixth marathon training cycle today. Since I'm hopping back into marathon training today, there is no better time to announce what my sixth marathon will be! This fall I will be checking New York off my marathon map of the United States and running the Wineglass Marathon!


My running partner/friend Danielle told me about this marathon when we first started running together last summer. She had run it a few years ago an absolutely fell in love with it. Last summer we trained for separate marathons together, but over the last few months as we were discussing potential fall marathons, we thought hey, why don't we run one together? Danielle had wanted to get back on this course and I hadn't ticked New York off my list yet, so this seemed like a great race for us to run together! Plus - check out these medals!




Definitely want to get my hands on one of those!

I'm looking forward to another great summer of training, especially with a friend at my side! I'm hoping to make this training cycle and marathon my best yet. Like with Pittsburgh, I will provide monthly training updates for you all so you can know how my training is going. I'm hoping that with a friend training with me, I'll be motivated to work hard and do everything correctly. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment