Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 2017 TBR! + Sci-Fi Summer Readathon TBR

You guys. How is it already June?! 2017 is nearly half way over - WHAT?! While the year is going scary-fast, I am so excited that the hot summer months are knocking at our door. I LOVE summer and I especially love taking advantage of the warm weather and reading outside all day long. It's seriously the best. This month I have picked much more light-hearted reads to get me into the summer reading groove and I am definitely looking forward to indulging in some easier reads throughout the month. I'm also planning to participate in the Sci-Fi Summer Readathon that starts today and lasts until June 7th (more details below!) which I am super excited to try out! Any who, here are the books that I'm hoping to read this month:

2017 Goal Picks

Non-Fiction: You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery
Diverse: Swing Time by Zadie Smith
Classic: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
TBR Jar: A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler

Other

Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham
The Buddha of Suburbia by Hanif Kureishi
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson



This week, from June 1st to June 7th, I'm partaking in the Sci-Fi Summer readathon, hosted by Seasons of Reading! This will be my first Seasons of Reading readathon and I'm excited to use this week to catch up on some of the sci-fi titles that have been waiting for me on my shelf. The point of this readathon is (fairly obviously) to read any and all sci-fi titles throughout the course of the week. I've selected three books, two of which I'm already about 100 pages into and need to get off of my "Currently Reading" shelf on GoodReads once and for all. :P We'll see how the week goes - hopefully every title can be completed! :D

The Martian by Andy Weir
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Replica by Lauren Oliver

To hear what I have to say about each title, make sure you watch my TBR video below!

No comments:

Post a Comment