Thursday, January 19, 2017

Marathon #5: Pittsburgh Marathon!

This week I started training for marathon #5 - 
THE PITTSBURGH MARATHON!


This marathon is scheduled to take place on Sunday, May 7th in Pittsburgh, PA and will tick off my fifth marathon in my fifth state! Why am I going to Pittsburgh of all places, you ask? The big reason is that my two good friends Cullen and Erin recently had to move away as part of a job relocation, and I let them know wherever they ended up moving I would find a marathon there and run it so I could visit AND check another state off the list. They ended up in Pittsburgh so that's where I'll be as well!

In looking at the race website, this marathon looks extremely well put together. Erin has done some research on my behalf and from what she hears, each one of the 13 neighborhoods you run through "compete" with one another to be the most entertaining neighborhood which is exactly what you want to hear when you're about to run 26.2 miles! I think this is going to be a really fun marathon, a really BIG marathon, and a really fun way to spend time with my friends!

To keep myself accountable, I will be doing monthly training updates here on the blog. I attempted to train for a spring marathon last year and totally failed, but I think knowing that I have people counting on me to make my way down to Pittsburgh and will be cheering for me throughout the race is SO MUCH MORE motivating than if I was just doing this on my own. I can't wait to take on this challenge once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment