Friday, January 22, 2016

Winter/Spring 2016 Race Preview

I'm not sure what's worse - winter running or summer running. This winter I will be training for a Spring Marathon for the first time which means many, many cold runs are in my future. Cold weather is definitely not my fave, but at least it's easier to breathe! I'll be running a few races leading up to the big day in May, so I thought I'd share them with you all!



It was really difficult for me to find a race that falls on the weekend I need to be running a half marathon for training, so I opted to go virtual. This is a virtual race hosted by Will Run for Bling and Charity and it goes to benefit the American Humane Association - a charity that works toward the protection of children, pets, and farm animals from abuse and neglect - something I can of course get 100% behind. I'll be going for the Half Marathon option on this race (you can also opt to run a 5K or 10K if halves aren't your cup of tea) and am planning to run it on February 21st (which just so happens to fall during the time I'm planning on being in Southern Florida - wahoo!!!). I'm excited to see what running a virtual half will be like!



Organized by the same company that puts on the Wolf Hollow Half Marathon and the Colt State Park Half Marathon, the Moose on the Loose Half Marathon & 4K is something I'm hoping to participate in in April! This race is pretty close to my marathon date, so I'm not sure if I'll go for the Half Marathon or if I should play it safe and stick to the 4K (maybe find a partner and run the relay?) but regardless, this race was close to my parents and I thought it would be a fun way to spend the day together!



And here's the biggun'. I will be running marathon #4 in state #4 on May 1st - the Providence Marathon in Providence, RI. I will be turning 26 a few days after the race, so what better way to celebrate my 26th year of life than to run 26 miles? >_> I'm pretty sure my good running buddy Louie will be joining me for the fun as well! I will be giving periodic updates on how my marathon training is going right here on FivEleveNinety, so stay tuned for that! I'm looking forward to another marathon experience and to run in a city I've never run in before! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment