Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Few of my Favorite Links {#18}

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far. I'm surprised it's already Thursday. I thought I'd start each "favorite links" post with a bit of a brief life update so you're note totally out of the loop. These posts go up usually once a month, so I think that's a good amount of updates for you all (my life doesn't change all that much month to month, so why not?) For weekly life updates, make sure you're subscribed to my channel. I'll be posting weekly vlogs every Monday! Also make sure you're following both of my Instagrams for daily personal and planner updates! /endshamelessplugging


Orientation has started at MHC and all students will be back next week - where did winter break go?! But I've been having fun this week so far - I was able to see my friend Brittany at her place in Boston and we decorated our planners (because we're huge nerds), I'm still on board the Winter Warrior challenge (even when I have to walk outside in the rain after dark), and spending time with the colleagues in my office always makes going into the office in the morning so much easier. My goal of being more positive in 2016 has been going very well so far, but my goal of getting my butt out of bed in the morning is still a bit of a struggle. Oh well, we're only two weeks into the year so we can't judge too much!

Anywho, I hope you all enjoy the links I'm sharing with you all today. It's a real hodge-podge of things so you can definitely see where my brain is at latetly.... f-ing everywhere. I thought you were supposed to start New Years with a clear mind?! It's definitely been opposite for me. Oh well. Enjoy!

The Queen of OMG Cakes


This Buzzfeed post pulls together some of the coolest posts from Katherine Sabbath's Instagram account. Sabbath is a baker and cake decorated who owns an Australian cake shop called OMG Cakes and it's so colorful and adorable and you really just want to eat everything that she posts. I don't know how anyone can resist giving her account a follow once they see these images! If you like fun, colorful baked goods, I highly recommend checking this awesome link out!


DesignLoveFest.com


As I was perusing the internet for some fun New Year desktops to adorn my work computer with, I found that each image preview I was drawn to linked me back to this awesome blog, DesignLoveFest. This blog is a cool collection of awesome fashion, quirky design, and downloadable freebies, and the author (Bri Emery) posts multiple times a day for some serious inspiration. I love seeing her posts pop up on my Feedly to see what she's into on that particular day, and to see what downloadables she's created for her readership.

There's Another Steven Avery Special on the Way


If you been anywhere on the internet over the last several weeks, you've probably heard of Making a Murderer. Brett and I watched it within 2 days and I'm pretty sure I looked like the eyes emoji the entire time. (Actually this video is a pretty accurate representation of all of our reactions throughout the series.) Now that the series has skyrocketed in popularity, there's been a ton of speculation about what evidence had been omitted from the series and if the series concentrated too much on the defense and Avery's innocence. Now there will be a new special released that will hopefully give the audience an idea of what might have been missing from the series. I'm excited for this becuase I've been Googling NON-STOP about this series ever since I finished it!

Philips Wake-Up Light



My friend Jeff showed this to me - it's an alarm clock that simulates a sunrise! He said it helps him wake up easier in the morning (he's a teacher so he has to get up early AF) and you all know that this year, I'm all about trying to wake up easier! This is such a cool product because it not only beeps at you but makes your room lighter when it's time to wake up, making it harder to sleep. I'm all about it. These are a little pricey, but I'm definitely considering investing in one of these if it means it will be easier for me to wake up in the morning.


Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, and Conan Help a Student Driver


Lastly but certainly not least is this video. Brett shared this with me on my wall and it. is. hilarious. I love when Conan does these web-clip type bits on his show, and this one is so great. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube get in on the fun as well which is always a wonderfully hilarious addition to his web-clips. I was laughing through this entire video and I'm sure you will too. Give it a shot if you need a pick me up!

What are your favorite links of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment