Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Life is a Cabaret, Old Chum!

photos by Sean McVeigh - more Cabaret photos here!

Dean put on a production of Cabaret last weekend, and I just knew that I had to see it. Brett, Rob, Emily, and I attended the Thursday night show and we were blown away! I had never seen Cabaret, movie or live performance, so I really had no idea what I was walking into, but I was pleasantly surprised. A few of the students that I work closely with played some of the leading roles (the Emcee and Ernst Ludwig were played by past and present CAs!) and they did so phenomenally! Brett and I could not get over how good the show was for days after, and we seriously considered going to watch it a second time. (I'm sure if I didn't have a paper to write we would have!) We were singing "Willkommen" and dancing around the apartment all weekend long, haha! It really was so great, and if you ever get the chance to see the show live I definitely recommend it!

photos by Sean McVeigh - more Cabaret photos here!

The show was picked up to compete in a theater festival - so exciting! Break a leg everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment