Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Big Night In



Since Brett and I are saving our pennies for bigger and better things, it's been a little while since we've been able to have a date night. Lucky for us, we get to spend a lot of time together, but nothing beats doing something special with your someone special. Last night we decided to go on a date, right in the comfort of our living room!


We put on some music, opened a bottle of wine, cooked a wonderful meal, and had a nice romantic candle lit dinner together (consisting of gourmet burgers and mac n' cheese - YUM), followed by a dessert of fresh fruit and some Mad Men on Netflix. That's a pretty amazing date in my book!

Our amazing spread!

My awesome burger, topped with cheese, ketchup, mayonnaise, avocado, spinach, and tomato. Drool.

It's great to take the time out of our lives to have some 1-on-1 time and really appreciate one another.

Have you ever had a date night in your own home? Share your stories in the comments! :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty amazing date to me!

    Feeling inspired to take a trip to Trader Joe's or the packie on the way home to pick up a bottle of wine for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than a nice glass of wine after a long day!

      Delete
  2. we have stay-at-home-dates all the time! :D they are my favourite kind of dates. yesterday we made muffins and then watched Django Unchained, it was fun!

    ps. your burger looks really good! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and i nominated you for the liebster award! (and put your button under my 'exit suggestions' page, if that's ok :)) more info here: http://aller-dings.blogspot.nl/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html

      Delete
    2. I love Django Unchained! Such a great film.

      Thanks for the nomination! I will check that out when I return from the holiday. Sorry it's taking me so long to reply! :)

      Delete