Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Goals


I'm currently enjoying this lovely summer morning on the deck of my family's house in NH, enjoying a nice cup of coffee (it's still cool enough to drink it hot at 8AM), listening to the birds wake up and my dogs incessantly whine while they impatiently wait for my parents to come home from a morning fishing trip. The deck of this house is one of my favorite spots in the world. I've spent many summers out here reading a countless number of books, chatting with my family while we eat deliciously BBQ'd meals, and enjoying the scenery of my parents' ever-growing jungle of a deck garden. When I'm out here, I can't be anything less than happy. :)

It's officially the first of June, so that means it's time for some goal setting! May was a lot busier for me than I had anticipated at the beginning of the month, and I completely forgot how stressful it is to adjust after the school year is complete. Many other things in my life took priority over the goals I set for myself last month, and as a result, I didn't complete one of them. To be honest, I was pretty discouraged and disappointed in myself after having such success in April, but I realize that when you set goals for yourself, you're not going to win them all. It's okay if you don't do as well as you'd like, as long as you keep working. I still ran and I still read (though not as much as I aimed to) and unfortunately I wasn't working enough to reach my financial goals this past month. But it's okay. I'm still working towards those goals, even if it means I can't reach them within a month.

Because of my results from May, I'm only going to set two goals for myself this month:

1. Read 2 books
2. Complete all of the 20+ obstacles in the Superhero Scramble on June 8 

I think those are two pretty reasonable goals, and I'll be able to spend much less time stressing out about not reaching my goals and more time focusing on things that matter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment