Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Let's Start a Book Club!

With summer and lazy days on the beach right around the corner, I've been getting super excited about diving into some new books. Everyone has a busy life, and not many of us take the time to sit down with a good story and just forget about the world of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that we live in today. So why not get together and start up a book club and challenge each other to read more?

Starting May 1st, I'll post up a book that we can all read together, and after a few weeks of reading I'll write my review on the book, and you all can share your opinions as well! It'll be a great way to promote reading and to get each other off the internet and our phones for a change!

For now, I'd love to hear any suggestions of books any of you have. I, of course, have my own ideas of what I'd like to read, but since this is a club that I'd like open up to everyone, I'd MUCH rather hear your opinions! Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments, or to let me know via Twitter or Facebook. I'll let you know what we will be reading next Wednesday! :)


3 comments:

  1. yay, i really like the idea of a bookclub! i will come visit the first of july to see what the new book is. if i can get it in my library, i might join in! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and should you be interested in reading 'white teeth' by zadie smith.. then maybe our book clubs could join! :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I usually post my new selection on the second of the month, so make sure to check back then!

      Joining book clubs would be an awesome idea! I'd have to download or purchase it, but maybe for August, if you'd be willing to wait that long! :)

      Delete