Monday, April 22, 2013

Moving Forward

Sorry for the silence on this side of the blogosphere over the past week. I didn't want to clog up anyone's feeds with more emotional post about last week's events, and frankly, that was all I could think to write about. It was all that was on my mind. Judging by the lack of posts from the Boston area blogs that I read, it was probably on everyone else's minds, too.

Being so close to the explosions on Monday, and having many of my friends being just 3 miles from the craziness in Watertown on Thursday and Friday, the past week has been extremely emotionally taxing for me. Luckily, all of my loved ones are safe, both suspects are accounted for, and hopefully we can all move on and get some answers. I still can't believed this happened to my city, but Bostonians are strong people. We don't break easily. Big Papi said it best...


Moving forward from this tragedy, I have a few things coming up that I'm definitely looking forward to!

1. I'm meeting with my BSU advisor next Monday to pick out my classes for the summer and fall! As lame as this sounds, I'm excited to get back to school, especially that I'm pursuing my Master's degree. I enjoy taking classes and learning new things, so I'm excited to get back into it. (Now, let's see if I'm saying the same thing come October... o_o)

2. My race schedule is filling in quite nicely for the summer. I'm all signed up for a 15K Trail Race on Memorial Day weekend, will be running the Superhero Scramble in June, as well as lacing up with my parents for the Finish at the 50 and Foam Fest 5K in July! I'm looking to add a half marathon to my schedule for June as well. It's starting to feel like I'm an in-season athlete again! :P

3. Speaking of running, I had a student approach me last week looking for an advisor for a running club he wanted to start on campus. I'm so excited that someone wants to start a running club on campus, because I've talked about wanting to start one with a few people, but was unsure how to go about it as a staff member. I'll finally have some people to run with, and a whole new group of students to connect with! :)

In times like these it's best to look to the positivity of the future. It does not help to dwell on the past. 
As one of my favorite sayings goes... 
You can't continue the book if you keep rereading the same chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment