Thursday, February 20, 2020

2020 Half Marathon Schedule (So Far!)

Life in my neck of the woods has been a lil crazy lately in both my work and personal life (as it always gets this time of year!), so I apologize for the lack of life updates from me over here on the blog. I hope you all enjoyed my posts about my New Orleans trip (which you can find here, here, and here) because I had a blast sharing them with you! I'm hoping once I'm done with travel post-LA weekend (so mid-March 😂) I'll be able to get back to my normal blogging rhythm and update you on my non-running aspects of my life, but until then just know that even though I've been busy I've been having a great time!


I'm about to jet off to Orlando for Princess Half Marathon weekend and I am oh so excited! ✈ There will definitely be Disney posts and vlogs coming your way when I return so get excited for that! I feel like my full marathons get the bulk of the attention on my blog and socials, but because I'm about to embark on my first half marathon of the year, I thought I would highlight all of the half marathons I'm planning to run in 2020. (So far! There's always room for more. 😉) I really love the half marathon distance because I feel like while it's still a huge undertaking when it comes to endurance, it's also a distance where I feel comfortable trying to push the pace on. I hope to see some of you at these races throughout the year!


Sunday, February 23
Orlando, FL

The Disney Princess Half Marathon has been on my bucket list since I was in college and I am SO JAZZED that I finally get to run it this Sunday! Like I said, I'll be posting plenty about my experience here and on my channel, but definitely follow along on Twitter and Instagram as I'm sure I'll be making plenty of posts in real-time. 👑


Sunday, May 3
Providence, RI

I love staying a bit local for half marathons and shorter distances. It allows me to make it either a morning or day trip instead of it being a multi-day affair like my marathons tend to be. I'm extra excited that my Half Fanatics membership got me a baller discount for the Providence Half Marathon this May because I've been eyeing this race for a while! Providence is only about 30 minutes from where I live so it'll be a great way to spend a Sunday morning after a crazy spring semester!


Saturday, August 1
New London, CT


I ran this race last summer and I was totally impressed by it! This is a race that runs completely on runner donations and if you can't afford a donation you are still able to run it for free. I honestly wasn't expecting much more than an outlined course but I was blown away at how much volunteer support they had, how many water stations were available, and the fact that there were finisher's medals! This race is only open to 1,000 runners and the registration doesn't open until May, but I totally want to go back and maybe make this a recurring race for myself!


Sunday, October 4th
Hampton, NH

Disclaimer: I received entry to the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

As I mentioned in my previous post about this race, I have been wanting to run the Smuttynose Rockfest Half for years, so I was pumped that I was added to the BibRave Pro team that was running this event! I am so excited to return to my home state and run along the coast, and I'm especially excited to experience the post-race party. There is plenty more on this race to come, so stay tuned! If you're planning on registering (which you definitely should!) use the code "SAVE10" for 10% off your registration!


Sunday, December 20
Mount Dora, FL

Disclaimer: I received entry to the Mount Dora Half Marathon & 5K to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


The last half I have on my schedule (for now!) is the Mount Dora Half Marathon! I love me a good, festive race during the holidays and because now I'm usually down in Florida around Christmas, I'm always looking for a race that is near my parents. Luckily, the opportunity presented itself for me to run the Mount Dora Half in December! We have quite a bit of time before this race comes around (just a cool 10 months 😂) but I'm excited for the festive feel of this small town race! Use the code "BIBRAVE" for 10% off your registration and join me in Florida this December!

No comments:

Post a Comment