Saturday, February 1, 2020

Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear // Weekly Round Up 1.26.20 - 2.1.20


I'm dogsitting this knucklehead for the next week while Cassie is off on a tropical vaca! It's nice to have some serious doggo time. I haven't had too much since Brett and I moved last spring. Abby is a bundle of energy so I have a feeling I'll be getting plenty of outdoor time over the next week. As I'm typing this we've already gone for a short walk and spent about an hour at the dog park, and it's not even noon! She's napping next to me on the couch right now but I'm sure she'll be back raring to go in a few hours! Before she does I wanted to make sure I took time to type out this week's round up. Here's what's been going on!

Kobe Bryant and Complicated Legacies

The news of Kobe Bryant's death last weekend has been incredibly shocking and the circumstances of the 9 lives lost is such a heartbreaking tragedy. However, it has brought up a lot of complicated feelings for me. This article really perfectly sums up how I've been feeling this week. This situation is a great reminder that people are complex and are comprised of both good and bad qualities, decisions, thoughts, and feelings. I feel like I'll be reflecting on this for a while, but for now it's just an extremely sad situation.


Balancing a sad piece of news with a happy piece of news, our police department continues to be wholesome AF. Whoever decided to make the town's therapy dog the face of the police department was a genius because I melt EVERY TIME. I love that more towns in our county are seeing the merits of having a therapy dog available to folks experiencing traumatic situations. They are really seeing the value of considering mental health in their work. I also saw this amazing article about the jail diversion program - so incredible! Bravo Franklin PD!


Corral placements came out for Princess Weekend! I never submitted a proof of time so, as expected, it'll be party in the back for me. Luckily my pace these days will allow me to get way ahead of the sweepers after a couple of miles so hopefully I'll be able to do some character photos toward the end of each race, but we shall see! I'm just so excited that my Disney trip is coming up. I just bought my ticket for a post-half marathon trip to Magic Kingdom as well. It's getting real, people! ✨


We went to Brett's mom's house last weekend and this pic of tiny Brett just absolutely KILLED ME. How adorable is he? I love that he's pulling a duck face. 😂


I googled how many days were until my birthday to share with you in this post, and it turns out May 11th is exactly 100 days away! *sweats* 100 days left of my 20's... wild! I have a lot of fun things planned so I'm sure I will be giving this decade a great send off. 🎉

Disclaimer: I received Built Bars to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

If you've been following my social channels, you'll know that I received a shipment of Built Bars for a promo through BibRave! I've been really enjoying them so far and I can't wait to give you all a full review in a couple of weeks. In the meantime if you're interested in trying out Built Bar for yourself, you can use the code "BUILTNOW" for 15% off your order!


TOO REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment