Monday, February 3, 2020

#Sub5orBust: Week 15 Training Update (January 27 - February 2, 2020)


Monday, 1/27 → Rest
Tuesday, 1/28  7 mile run (treadmill) 
Wednesday, 1/29 → Rest
Thursday, 1/30  Rest
Friday, 1/31  3 mile run (treadmill)
Saturday, 2/1 Rest
Sunday, 2/2 → 
5 mile run (treadmill)

IT'S OFFICIALLY RACE WEEK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

Can you tell I'm feeling ALL THE FEELINGS? 😂 I'm so excited and nervous and confident and curious and PUMPED for Sunday. It's going to be so great! I didn't stretch at all last week which was really dumb of me. I feel like everytime I make a promise to myself that I'm going to stretch it just does not happen. Sooo.... this week I WILL NOT STRETCH AT ALL!!! Reverse psychology, right? 😜

For real though, all I have on the docket this week is two 3-milers and a two mile shakeout on Saturday. It's all about taking it really easy this week, (not) rolling out, (not) stretching (#reversepsychology), hydrating and getting my mind right. I'm going to try to make my diet really clean this week as well so I'm not feeling super blah on race day. I'm actually hoping to do a "what I ate during race week" post to share with y'all later on this month, so we can see if what I eat this week will translate on the course in NOLA. Stay tuned! I just started reading Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor today, so I'm hoping that will give me some things to think on during the race on Sunday as well. 


Because there won't be too much to report on my training this week, this will be my last training update for this cycle! I'm hoping that this training cycle will take me through Rock n' Roll NOLA, Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, and the LA Marathon in March. I'll of course be doing several maintenance runs between races but in terms of a training program, I won't be hopping into another one until post-LA. Crazy!! Again, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this program and completing 99% of my assigned workouts. This is the best I've ever done during a cycle and I am so excited for Sunday. It'll be a victory lap for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment