Friday, February 7, 2020

I'M IN!!!: Mount Dora Half Marathon 2020

Disclaimer: I received entry to the Mount Dora Half Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!




In super exciting news, I was selected to run the Mount Dora Half Marathon this December with Team Bib Rave! ๐Ÿงก I will be joining fellow BibRave Pros Shannon and Samantha for this race. You should totally go check out their fantastic blogs when you get the chance! Shannon's blog is Girls Got Sole and Samantha blogs over at Samantha's Running Adventures.

You may know that I fly down to Florida each Christmas to visit my parents. I always look around for a race to run every time I visit, and this is one that has caught my eye a couple of times. It's a little under two hours away from my parents' house, but it is quite close to the Orlando airport so I'm thinking I'll be able to easily swing this festive half during my visit if I plan it well! Luckily I have basically the entire year to plan logistics. For now I'm just excited that I'll be rocking my orange and closing out the year running a super festive race!

The cool thing about this race that it's actually a weekend long event! There is a 5K on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday. I'm going to try to convince my parents to join me for the weekend and participate in the 5K as well. There's also the opportunity to participate in the Dora Double which is to run in both races. I really have my eye on this because folks who complete the Dora Double not only get a medal for each race but an additional award as well! #SWAG Last year they gave out a commemorative pint glass. I wonder what it will be for 2020?


Dora Double 2019 award!

Since this race is still so far away, I'm going to have a *lot* more information to share with you over the next 11 months. (It's almost hilarious how far away this race is, but I'm just so excited!! ๐Ÿ˜‚) I should be getting a discount code here pretty soon, and I'll definitely be highlighting my training for this course as well (can you say HILLS?!). I hope you all will join me, and if you decide you'd like to, make sure you register quickly! There are only 1,500 entries available for this race and they will fill fast. I think it's going to be such a fun time and a great way to get fit & festive right around the holidays.

Have you run Mount Dora in the past? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment