Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer Short Story Boot Camp!

New Project Alert!

I've been trying to figure out a way to get back into creative writing for a good long while now. I've always wanted to attempt a novel, but I've never seen a project that wasn't for school anywhere past a few paragraphs. Creative writing is tough but I'm constantly itching to attempt some sort of writing project and I'm always at a loss at where to event start. I was sitting around over the holiday weekend wondering how I can introduce creative writing back into my life and BOOM - the Summer Short Story Boot Camp popped into my head.


Inspired by NaNoWriMo, this is a project I'm taking on to reacquaint myself with writing creatively. I knew I didn't want to plan to take on a full on novel quite yet, so I thought why not do three short stories - one each month of the summer - and see how it feels to just write again. I will be writing a new short story during the month of June, July, and August. Because I'm having some trouble with coming up with writing ideas as of this moment, I'm going to look up a writing prompt to base my short story around which I will announce at the beginning of each month. At the end of each month, I will share the final product with you all right here on the blog!

I have no idea how this project is going to go, but I am excited to reincorporate this avenue of creativity back into my life during the quieter months of the year for me. I will be vlogging my experience and sharing my journey at the end of each month so be sure to be on the look out for those posts! I'm looking forward to seeing how this project will go and I can't wait to share it with you all!

If you have any tips for creative writing or any writing prompts you'd like to see my attempt, leave them in the comments below! Any and all help will be willingly and lovingly accepted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment