Thursday, May 25, 2017

Summer Runnin': 100 Days of Summer 200 Mile Challenge

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I participated in a little running challenge called the April Showers May Flowers 100 Mile Challenge hosted by Will Run for Bling and Charity. It was a virtual running challenge where you had 45 days to run 100 miles. I managed to complete this challenge during the tail end of my marathon training and fulfilled the 100 miles when I reached mile 24 of the Pittsburgh Marathon. Best part? The challenge supported an awesome charity and I received a medal bigger than my face.


Because I had such a great time running in this challenge and because training for marathon #6 is right around the corner (announcement on what marathon I'll be running is coming soon!), I thought I'd attempt the next challenge - the 100 Days of Summer 200 Mile Challenge! If you're doing the math in your head, that means I have to average 14 miles per week throughout the challenge in order to hit the 200 mile mark within 100 days. I definitely think I can do it, but I know it will be difficult when all I want to do is lay outside with a book! But hey, I guess that's why they call it a challenge, right? :P


This challenge starts on May 27th and lasts until September 3rd, so I'll be underway starting on Saturday! I have more summer running plans which I will be sharing here on the blog soon, so stay tuned for that post! I'm looking forward to another great summer running and training season!

Do you have any summer fitness plans?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment