Monday, August 29, 2016

RYBSAT (ReadYourBookshelfAThon) #9 TBR!

Guess what guys! I'm participating in ANOTHER READATHON!

But, Riley - didn't you just end a readathon on Sunday?

Yes I did. And I loved it. And much like DJ Khaled, I want ANOTHA ONE. I didn't know if I was going to want to give myself a bit of a break after Bout of Books or if I would feel comfortable hopping right back into a readathon, but after much consideration and generally just loving how much the readathon has prompted me to read, I thought WHY NOT. Let's hop right in. So I'm going to participate in Round 9 of the ReadYourBookshelfAThon (also known as RYBSAT) which is running from midnight on Wednesday, August 31st to Wednesday, September 7th (though it hasn't been clarified if that means the last day to read is 9/6 or 9/7.... I'll let ya know).

Anyway, today I'm sharing my TBR for the readathon! It is much smaller than my TBR for Bout of Books #17, mainly because I'm no longer on vacation and this is one of the busier times of year for me work-wise and I wanted to keep it as realistic as possible. So I'm breaking this up into a couple categories - what I know I can finish, and what I'd IDEALLY like to finish by the end of the readathon.


The idea of RYBSAT is to choose a point in your bookshelf and read as many books in a row as you can. I have a section of my shelf that I keep all of the books that I've chosen to fulfill the PopSugar Reading Challenge prompts and I stack them in the order of which ones I want to read during each month. These are a chunk of the books that I was hoping to get through during the month of September! I'll include their PopSugar prompts I am aiming to cross off with each title.

REALISTIC READING GOAL

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
A book from Oprah's book club
465 pages

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Illustrated by Jim Kay
A book that is being made into a movie in 2016
216 pages

IDEAL READING GOAL
(I'll only move onto these books if I complete the books above)

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
A science fiction novel
599 pages

Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
A National Book Award winner
320 pages

REALISTIC BOOK TOTAL: 2
REALISTIC PAGE TOTAL: 681
IDEAL BOOK TOTAL: 4
IDEAL PAGE TOTAL: 1,600

I have linked each title to their GoodReads page so make sure to check those out if you are interested in learning a little more about each title that I have selected for this readathon. I have also done a TBR video with quick synopisis of each title so give that a watch if you want a bit more detail for each book!


Again, I'm anticipating a fairly busy work week with little to no down time during the day to read, but hopefully I can get at least those first two titles done during RYBSAT! I will again be vlogging my experience with this readathon and of course sharing it with you all! I will also be doing a progress update post like I did for Bout of Books, and will be giving updates on my Twitter page as well! If you're participating in RYBSAT let me know in the comments because I would love to follow your progress and cheer you on! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment