Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bout of Books #17 Daily Progress Updates

Hello lovely friends! If you don't know by now, you probably don't follow me on any social media platforms because I haven't shut up about it over the last 36 hours, but I am participating in round #17 of the Bout of Books readathon! To prevent from sharing a billion update posts of my daily progress throughout the readathon, I thought I could just write one post and edit it throughout the week. I will pin this post to the top of my Twitter page for the time being, so if you're interested in coming back to check my progress you can find the post easily. Without further adieu, here is my progress!

DAY 1 - Monday, August 22nd



Books read today: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (334 pages)
Pages read today: 334
Books completed today: None

DAY 2 - Tuesday, August 23rd


 

Books read today: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (55 pages), Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins (59 pages), and Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (180 pages)
Pages read today: 294 pages
Books completed today: 1 - Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Daily challenge: Mix n' Match Challenge (Choose 10 books, flip open to a random page in each book and write down the first word you see, then craft a sentence using those 10 words!)

DAY 3 - Wednesday, August 24th




Books read today: Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (199 pages), This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki (320 pages), Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins (23 pages)
Pages read today: 542
Books completed today: 2 - Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin & This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki
Daily challenge: #Shelfie4BoutofBooks Challenge

DAY 4 - Thursday, August 25th




Books read today: Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut (324 pages) & Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
Pages read today: 339
Books completed today:  1 - Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut
Daily challenge: Titles in the Tabloids Challenge (Create a tabloid-like headline that describes the book you are currently reading in the readathon)

DAY 5 - Friday, August 26th




Books read today: Summer Days & Summer Nights (80 pages) edited by Stephanie Perkins & George by Alex Gino (143 pages)
Pages read today: 223
Books completed today: None - slow reading day!
Daily challenge: Book in a Song Challenge (Pick a book that you've read during the week and relate it to a song)

DAY 6 - Saturday, August 27th





Books read today: George by Alex Gino (52 pages), The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane (17 pages), & Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins (74 pages)
Pages read today: 143
Books completed today: 1 - George by Alex Gino
Daily challenge: No challenge today!

DAY 7 - Sunday, August 28th


Books read today: Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins (132 pages) & The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane (44 pages)
Pages read today: 176
Books completed today: 1 - Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
Daily challenge: No challenge today!

Total pages read: 2,051
Total books completed: 6

I am vlogging my experience and my reactions to the books that I am reading throughout the week which you will see pop up on my channel and this lovely blog sometime next week so keep an eye out for that! I am also giving periodic updates over on Twitter so if you're really curious on how things are going you can follow me over there! I hope everyone has a fabulous week and if you're participating in the readathon that you're having fun and crushing those books! <3

3 comments:

  1. 334 pages! You were off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 334 pages! You were off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm on vacation this week so I'm able to read much more than I normally would - taking serious advantage of that! I hope you're having a wonderful readathon!

      Delete