Sunday, August 21, 2016

Bout of Books #17 TBR!

Hello everyone! I am here with a very exciting announcement - starting this evening (tomorrow morning?) at 12:00AM and ending next Sunday evening at 11:59PM I will be participating in the 17th Bout of Books readathon! This is my very first readathon but I've recently picked up a whole slew of awesome books that I am super excited to read and it just so happens that this readathon falls on the week of my vacation where I will be spending most of my time alone/hanging out with my pups so LOTS of time to read!

If you're not sure what a readathon is, it's pretty much exactly what it sounds like - you read as much as you can within a set period of time. There are often challenges that take place throughout the readathon (reading prompts, Instagram challenges, creative challenges, etc.), sometime there are themes that you have to adhere to throughout the readathon (genre themes, length themes, etc.), and sometimes there's a set number of books you must hit. This readathon is pretty laid back with it's main objective to read more within the seven days than you do in your normal day-to-day life and while there are challenges and chats you can participate in, they're all completely optional (though I'm pretty sure I'll be participating in it all because... why the hell not?).

My TBR (to-be-read) pile for this readathon is fairly.... ambitious? I created this list going in with the impression that I don't really have plans during my vacation. I'm house/dog sitting for my parents and will be on my own for the entirety of this week so I will have SO MUCH TIME on my hands so I'm thinking I can get through most of these. The majority of these books are in the 300 range, but I do have a middle-grade novel, a book of short stories, and a graphic novel in the pile so I'm thinking that's going to make things a bit easier! Anyway, without further adieu, here is my TBR pile for Bout of Books #17!



George by Alex Gino
195 Pages

This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki
320 Pages

Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut
324 Pages

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
379 Pages

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
389 Pages

Summer Days & Summer Nights Edited by Stephanie Perkins
384 Pages

TOTAL BOOK COUNT: 6
TOTAL PAGE COUNT: 1,995

If you'd like to see me attempt to sum up these videos in 5 words each, check out my Bout of Books #17 TBR announcement video below! I've also included links to each one of the books' Goodreads pages above, so if you're curious to see reviews and ratings, just click on the titles to get a better sense of what people think of each book. If you would also like to follow me on Goodreads and track my progress throughout the week, check out my page! I'll tweeting along throughout the week, and also vlogging my readathon experience so you'll get to see it all. I strongly encourage you all to get involved and read as much as you can this week! Now to patiently await midnight to get some pages in....


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Bout of Books

No comments:

Post a Comment