Sunday, October 6, 2013

Highlights of the Week

I haven't been feeling 100% this past week, so coming up with things to blog about has been a bit of a struggle. I thought I'd throw together some highlights from my week to catch you up to speed!
Guys... I really love hockey.

It wasn't gone for long, but I'm SO HAPPY it's back. After such a heartbreaking end to last season, I've been itching for this season to start and for a chance at redemption. The B's are off to a great start to their season (we're 2-0!) and I'm looking forward to how well we do with our new acquisitions and team dynamic!

...


As promised, as soon as the calendar said October 1st, I pulled out the Halloween decorations. I'm loving the way the apartment looks, but we still have a couple bare walls. Naturally, I'm itching to spend more money on fun decorations to make things spookier!

...


I bought space leggings. Like... leggings with space on them. I'm in love. (insert heart-eye Emoji here) I came across these kind of on accident. Louie and I wanted to make shirts for the marathon next weekend, so we went to a number of stores searching for the perfect shirt we'd want to run 26.2 miles in and also decorate, yet we couldn't find anything that fit our standards. Just as we gave up the search for shirts, I came across these beauties! So Ms. Frizzle-esque, I couldn't pass them up. I will be running the Hartford Marathon in these bad boys on Saturday. So pumped!

...



Friday evening Bridgewater State University had their annual Leadership Summit with Stonehill College. I was given the opportunity to facilitate a session and I had a blast. I was a little nervous about how it would go, but it went off without a hitch and the students that came to my session really enjoyed themselves. I even got some really positive feedback from them on my workshop evaluations! One of the comments was "She had us all laughing and made everyone feel comfortable." That made me feel so great. Doing things like this and getting positive feedback from students really reassures me that I'm pursuing the right career. :) #warmfuzzies

...


Louie and I went to the Revs game last Saturday, and (as usual) we were in the Fort. I thought it'd be fun to shoot a quick Instagram video of us cheering and dancing, and apparently the MLS thought it'd be fun if they TWEETED IT. I don't know about you guys, but I get pretty excited when big companies see my tweets/Instagrams and share them on their own pages, so I was pretty pumped when I saw that they had tweeted my video!


...

What have you guys been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment