Saturday, August 15, 2020

The Final NEWTs 🦎✨ // Week 2 Recap


This week was super busy (for obvious reasons! 😍) so, again, I didn't read as many NEWTs books as I thought I might. I did get to Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett and In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire, both 4 star reads! ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Both reads help me work toward completing my Care of Magical Creatures exam, which is the one exam I have to read 3 books for in order to complete. After this week it's just one more book to go for CoMC! I do still have 4 books left to read for NEWTs and about half of the month left to read them, so hopefully I'll be able to fit them all in!


CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Acceptable level achieved: Read a book with fire on the cover/in the title


🤩 Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
421 pages

Exceeds Expectations level achieved: Read a short book


💭 In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire
204 pages

NEWTS REQUIREMENTS FOR HOGWARTS PROFESSOR

Achieve an "Outstanding" in the subject that you wish to teach 

CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Acceptable 
Exceeds Expectations 
Outstanding

Achieve an "Exceeds Expectations" in Defense Against the Dark Arts

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS
Acceptable
Exceeds Expectations

Achieve an "Acceptable" in secondary subjects of your choice

DIVINATION
Acceptable

HERBOLOGY
Acceptable ✅

TOTALS AFTER WEEK 2

Books completed: 3
Pages read: 993
NEWTs Requirements Completed: 0/3
NEWTs Challenges Completed: 3/7

No comments:

Post a Comment